Crawfish - RANK the coaches (the Crawfish list)

The home for Big East hoops

Postby CrawfishBucket » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:38 pm

With our most recent hires, I thought this a good opportunity to take stock of where things stand among the coaches. Both Ewing and Jordan are Alpha Dogs. I think we'll see them do well sooner than later. I don't see how the Top 3 coaches is even a debate.

1. Jay Wright - The Don of the conference.
2. Chris Mack - Gold standard. Committed.
3. Ed Cooley - Was my first choice to be Georgetown's coach. What he's done at Providence is nothing short of miraculous.
4. Patrick Ewing - Legend of the OBE. Nobody in the conference carries the cred he does in living rooms.
5. Steve Wojciechowski - Hired gun.
6. Kevin Willard - He could work his way up this list. Improving.
7. LaVall Jordan - The Butler Way. The right man for that job (just like Ewing was). More charismatic than the next 3.
8. Greg McDermott - Decent at Creighton. Not sure what happened at Iowa State.
9. Dave Leitao - I can see him having the most improvement this year from last season. I believe he'll turn a corner.
10. Chris Mullin - Needs to show more this year. Good player at Golden State. I think he thought the job would be easier.
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Crawfish - RANK the coaches (the Crawfish list)

Postby NJRedman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:46 pm

CrawfishBucket wrote:With our most recent hires, I thought this a good opportunity to take stock of where things stand among the coaches. Both Ewing and Jordan are Alpha Dogs. I think we'll see them do well sooner than later. I don't see how the Top 3 coaches is even a debate.

1. Jay Wright - The Don of the conference.
2. Chris Mack - Gold standard. Committed.
3. Ed Cooley - Was my first choice to be Georgetown's coach. What he's done at Providence is nothing short of miraculous.
4. Patrick Ewing - Legend of the OBE. Nobody in the conference carries the cred he does in living rooms.
5. Steve Wojciechowski - Hired gun.
6. Kevin Willard - He could work his way up this list. Improving.
7. LaVall Jordan - The Butler Way. The right man for that job (just like Ewing was). More charismatic than the next 3.
8. Greg McDermott - Decent at Creighton. Not sure what happened at Iowa State.
9. Dave Leitao - I can see him having the most improvement this year from last season. I believe he'll turn a corner.
10. Chris Mullin - Needs to show more this year. Good player at Golden State. I think he thought the job would be easier.

Troll gonna post troll threads
NJRedman

Postby Red Rooster » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:25 pm

NJRedman wrote:Troll gonna post troll threads

That's what he is and what he's doing. When Georgetown wins about 3 conference games and looking up at nine other schools in the Big East, then we'll see more spinning, errrr, "trolling" from him. There's a chance they'll be in the basement for, at least, two seasons, IMO.

Besides, there's a "ranking of the coaches" thread from about a year ago.
Red Rooster

Postby muskienick » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Red Rooster wrote:

That's what he is and what he's doing. When Georgetown wins about 3 conference games and looking up at nine other schools in the Big East, then we'll see more spinning, errrr, "trolling" from him. There's a chance they'll be in the basement for, at least, two seasons, IMO.

In Crawfish's crappy defense, there have been some significant changes since last season. (I just held my nose shut upon typing this posting!)
muskienick

Postby NJRedman » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:49 pm

muskienick wrote:
Red Rooster wrote:

In Crawfish's crappy defense, there have been some significant changes since last season. (I just held my nose shut upon typing this posting!)

Yeah but thats not what he's doing here. He's baiting the St. John's fans big time. If anyone else started the thread it would be fine.
NJRedman

Postby admin » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:06 pm

The mods have changed his posting privileges until a change in posting habits is noted.
admin
Site Admin

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:33 pm

admin wrote:The mods have changed his posting privileges until a change in posting habits is noted.

Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby CrawfishBucket » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:47 pm

NJRedman wrote:Yeah but thats not what he's doing here. He's baiting the St. John's fans big time. If anyone else started the thread it would be fine.

Not true. Many pundits have been critical on Mullin.

His recruiting has been very spotty. Sidney Wilson was seen as this big victory but lets be honest, the kid is a bigtime project who came very late in the recruiting cycle. Mullin should have been full by that time.

Ewing has already shown more in his short time at Georgetown.

So I say without any equivocation... Any Big East list that doesn't have Mullin at #10 is a horrible commentary on the conference.
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby BEXU » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:22 pm

As usual, you missed the point. Nobody cares about your list or your opinion on BE Coaches. We just don't.
BEXU

Postby NJRedman » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:23 pm

CrawfishBucket wrote:
NJRedman wrote:Yeah but thats not what he's doing here. He's baiting the St. John's fans big time. If anyone else started the thread it would be fine.

Not true. Many pundits have been critical on Mullin.

His recruiting has been very spotty. Sidney Wilson was seen as this big victory but lets be honest, the kid is a bigtime project who came very late in the recruiting cycle. Mullin should have been full by that time.

Ewing has already shown more in his short time at Georgetown.

So I say without any equivocation... Any Big East list that doesn't have Mullin at #10 is a horrible commentary on the conference.

Not really, most have been wait and see since he had his team show improvement from his first season. But hey I mean anyone can just make shit up and act like it's a fact.
NJRedman

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board