Big East Checklist...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Checklist...

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:47 am

stever20 wrote:I just don't think anyone in power feels good with the post season performances as a whole for the conference. To have only 4 sweet 16's in the last 4 years(6 fewer than the next P5 conference)- isn't good. You can talk all you want about the national championship, and it was wonderful, but it's not everything. The conference has in 3 of the 4 years underachieved in the post season. And even in the year where the league didn't underachieve as a whole, you still had the Xavier loss as a 2 seed in the 2nd round. There's yet to be the huge post season year, where things all fall into place and there's like 3-4 Big East teams in the sweet 16, with no teams losing early that shouldn't. And you can act like that doesn't matter, but it really does. Why do the polls always seem to undervalue the Big East at the start of the year? Because of just that.

So you save all the douchery for us. I guess we should feel special to get so much of your negative attention.

You like stats? Here's a stat. Out of 8013 posts (on a message board for a league you have no attachment and clearly no allegiance to, by the way), I think I've counted almost 10 that were insightful or meaningful (and not intentionally douchey).

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that there were 10 good posts, I think that makes your "win-loss record" on this board at 10-8003. That's not a good record, Stever. I can say, definitively, that your coaches are disappointed in that record. Your buddies at ESPN will not be hiring you any time soon, because your commentary is neither "expert" nor "colorful."
Savannah Jay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:30 am

stever20 wrote:
billyjack wrote:
stever20 wrote:I just don't think anyone in power feels good with the post season performances as a whole for the conference. To have only 4 sweet 16's in the last 4 years(6 fewer than the next P5 conference)- isn't good. You can talk all you want about the national championship, and it was wonderful, but it's not everything. The conference has in 3 of the 4 years underachieved in the post season. And even in the year where the league didn't underachieve as a whole, you still had the Xavier loss as a 2 seed in the 2nd round. There's yet to be the huge post season year, where things all fall into place and there's like 3-4 Big East teams in the sweet 16, with no teams losing early that shouldn't. And you can act like that doesn't matter, but it really does. Why do the polls always seem to undervalue the Big East at the start of the year? Because of just that.

With Crawfish Wichita Bucket acting like a douche this month, you have a great opportunity to stand apart with ridiculous yet semi-sorta-kinda-tolerable anti-Big-East gobbledy-gook. Instead you're repeating the same discredited lines that you've babbled on about for 4 years. C'mon, great opportunity here. Come up with new material.

So do you think the Big East has performed well in the postseason? I get the title, which is really the saving grace. But if the league kept performing in the post season like they have in the last 4 years(sans the title)- would you be content with that?

The goal of the Big East each year is to finish #1 in confetemce RPI, and to have an all-Big-East Final Four, and every year i look for us to improve over the previous.

Your question is ridiculous.... "sans the title"?... why the f--- would that be considered... no i'm not sans-ing the absolute pastings by Villanova over Iowa, Miami of Fla, OKLAHOMA BY 44 POINTS, plus ballsy wins over Kansas and UNC, including the greatest and most dramatic shot in the history of the NCAA tournament.

I'll also keep the Xavier 25-point win over overrated ACC Florida State, and the ballsy X win over Arizona. The Butler Sweet 16, the X Sweet 16, the 7 bids... etc. Hey, let's "sans" the Koenig kid and we'll have 2 more Sweet 16's or beyond.
Providence
billyjack

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:34 am

Savannah Jay wrote:

So you save all the douchery for us. I guess we should feel special to get so much of your negative attention.

You like stats? Here's a stat. Out of 8013 posts (on a message board for a league you have no attachment and clearly no allegiance to, by the way), I think I've counted almost 10 that were insightful or meaningful (and not intentionally douchey).

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that there were 10 good posts, I think that makes your "win-loss record" on this board at 10-8003. That's not a good record, Stever. I can say, definitively, that your coaches are disappointed in that record. Your buddies at ESPN will not be hiring you any time soon, because your commentary is neither "expert" nor "colorful."

Let's put his numbers into a little more perspective. He has 8,016 posts at this time - more than anyone else. The 2nd most prolific poster has 3,970. He has that many posts since 9/11/2013...that is 1,372 days. So StevieR posts 5.8 times per day.

Over on the Creighton board, the most prolific poster has posted 5,263 posts in 6 years. This poster posts every single link that comes out on gocreighton.com or omaha.com. So he posts an average of 2.4 times per day - on a board for a team that he LOVES!

I have a mental image of StevieR and it ain't a good one. Let's just say it starts with an L and ends with a OSER.

One last thing, I'm sorry I've even taken the time to respond to / about StevieR... here is a great idea. Stop refuting and and answering his inane posts. He'll grow tired of nobody arguing with him and go away.
TrueBlueJay

Postby billyjack » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:43 am

Ok, so over the last few weeks i've been patient and biting my tongue waiting for the Crawfish Wichita guy to run his course and leave.

Instead, Crawfish hasn't shut up, and he's emboldened you to go on a new freakin anti-Big-East mission.

So i can't listen to this anymore, and i'm going to have to flip out. What the f--- has to happen for your shit to stop? What the f--- does the Big East have to do?

Let's get this straight:

- No one in the Big East should give a flying f--- about college baseball or women's hoops, or placating anti-Catholicism nutjobs, or fuckin football or Lynyrd Skynyrd or fuckin Wichita Nowhere-land any other fuckin thing or place that has nothing to do with us.

- The Big East is kicking fuckin ass, kicking the living shit out of critics, ESPN, Coack K, Dickie V, Stever, Crawfish, the fuckin American, the fuckin A-10, and last year was like 9-4 against the cheatin, hookering degenerates in the fuckin ACC.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:53 am

The title is the only thing really saving the Big East these 1st 4 years though from tourney performance. 7 bids is nice(has absolutely no bearing on tourney performance though). Sure 2 sweet 16's this year, but the team that had the best chance to go far wasn't one of them. Something for folks to throw darts at the Big East on.

There's yet to be a year where everything realistically fell into place for the Big East. Not even really 2015-16 season when Nova won the title. If Xavier had just beaten Wisconsin in 2016, along with what Nova did- there would be absolutely no darts for anyone to throw at the Big East for that year.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:51 pm

billyjack wrote:Ok, so over the last few weeks i've been patient and biting my tongue waiting for the Crawfish Wichita guy to run his course and leave.

Instead, Crawfish hasn't shut up, and he's emboldened you to go on a new freakin anti-Big-East mission.

So i can't listen to this anymore, and i'm going to have to flip out. What the f--- has to happen for your shit to stop? What the f--- does the Big East have to do?

Let's get this straight:

- No one in the Big East should give a flying f--- about college baseball or women's hoops, or placating anti-Catholicism nutjobs, or fuckin football or Lynyrd Skynyrd or fuckin Wichita Nowhere-land any other fuckin thing or place that has nothing to do with us.

- The Big East is kicking fuckin ass, kicking the living shit out of critics, ESPN, Coack K, Dickie V, Stever, Crawfish, the fuckin American, the fuckin A-10, and last year was like 9-4 against the cheatin, hookering degenerates in the fuckin ACC.

NJRedman

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board