Big East Checklist...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Checklist...

Postby stever20 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:11 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:And yet the B12 has zero NC's during that time. Wah-wah-wah.

So you are saying the AAC is better than the Big 12, SEC, and Pac 12 in that time. Got it.

Look, the national championship is great. But I pretty much guarantee you the coaches don't look at the post season performances and are happy with it...

I mean look-
Providence- 1-4
Creighton 1-2
Seton Hall 0-2
Marquette 0-1
Georgetown 1-1
St John's 0-1
DePaul 0-0

only
Butler 4-3
Xavier 6-4
Nova 9-3
with winning tourney performances. And 1 of those 3 just lost their coaching staff.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:56 pm

#1 Priority should be getting the pathetic Georgetown program rebuilt. They should be our biggest brand but instead are our most embarrassing one. They have failed in more or less every category.

- Pathetic attendance
- Pathetic NCAA tournament appearances
- Pathetic regular seasons
- Waited too long to Fire JT3
- Took a major gamble on Ewing

No school in this conference has been perfect, but none has come close to the Georgetown's failures.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby RedStorm » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:56 pm

DudeAnon wrote:#1 Priority should be getting the pathetic Georgetown program rebuilt. They should be our biggest brand but instead are our most embarrassing one. They have failed in more or less every category.

- Pathetic attendance

No school in this conference has been perfect, but none has come close to the Georgetown's failures.

I would argue that St. Johns is neck & neck so far in this area.

And i actually sort of agree with Stevers criticism this time. Novas national championship was great but the conference could perform better in the post season.

Also improving ratings are very important and as has been mentioned, STJ and G-town are responsible for a large portion of that.
RedStorm

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:31 pm

stever20 wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:And yet the B12 has zero NC's during that time. Wah-wah-wah.

So you are saying the AAC is better than the Big 12, SEC, and Pac 12 in that time. Got it.

Look, the national championship is great. But I pretty much guarantee you the coaches don't look at the post season performances and are happy with it...

I mean look-
Providence- 1-4
Creighton 1-2
Seton Hall 0-2
Marquette 0-1
Georgetown 1-1
St John's 0-1
DePaul 0-0

only
Butler 4-3
Xavier 6-4
Nova 9-3
with winning tourney performances. And 1 of those 3 just lost their coaching staff.
[/quote]

Hahaha. You are so pathetic. Show me where I said that. But if you'd like to compare the AAC to the BE, I'd be happy.

Answer these questions:

1. How many different programs have represented each conf in March?
2. Which conference has been ranked higher in KenPom and RPI all 4 years?
3. How many bids have each conference had collectively the past 4 years?
4. Where are the conference tourneys played and what has been the attendance?
5. How much does each conference make on their respective TV contracts?
6. What has been their head-to-head record the past 4 years?
7. Which conference has had more teams ranked in the top 25 the last 4 years?
8. Who wastes as much time as you on a message board of a conference you don't even like?

I wish I could make fun of that but thinking about it just makes me feel very sad for you. I mean I hope you are OK. Because someone who posts as much as you do, just to try to keep the rest of us BE fans "in line" must live a very shallow existence. You need to re-evaluate. Maybe get out there a bit more... Go hang out with people who make you feel good. Find a support group of ECU, Tulane or Temple fans and talk all you want about your beloved AAC. I'm sorry the first AAC board that you were Admin on collapsed b/c there was a lack of interest. Give it another shot. Like you said, there's oh so much to be excited about in the AAC these days. But at your pace you'll hit 10k posts soon and ALL that time invested for what? I mean that is just so, so sad. Really.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby BEXU » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:46 pm

42 NCAA units ain't too bad for a little 'ol 10 team league. Ask Northwestern.
BEXU

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:30 am

stever20 wrote:

You can't "pretty much guarantee" anything about the how the coaches look at anything. I doubt they look at their programs like you do and you certainly don't know any of them or talk to any of them. Just pullin' "guarantees" out yer arse

Do you go on Kansas or Big 12 message boards and talk about how they've underperformed compared to their seeding the last 8 years, except for that little ole National Championship year? Or do you save your douchery for us? Should we feel special?
Savannah Jay

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:49 am

I just don't think anyone in power feels good with the post season performances as a whole for the conference. To have only 4 sweet 16's in the last 4 years(6 fewer than the next P5 conference)- isn't good. You can talk all you want about the national championship, and it was wonderful, but it's not everything. The conference has in 3 of the 4 years underachieved in the post season. And even in the year where the league didn't underachieve as a whole, you still had the Xavier loss as a 2 seed in the 2nd round. There's yet to be the huge post season year, where things all fall into place and there's like 3-4 Big East teams in the sweet 16, with no teams losing early that shouldn't. And you can act like that doesn't matter, but it really does. Why do the polls always seem to undervalue the Big East at the start of the year? Because of just that.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:10 am

RedStorm wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:#1 Priority should be getting the pathetic Georgetown program rebuilt. They should be our biggest brand but instead are our most embarrassing one. They have failed in more or less every category.

- Pathetic attendance

I would argue that St. Johns is neck & neck so far in this area.

And i actually sort of agree with Stevers criticism this time. Novas national championship was great but the conference could perform better in the post season.

Also improving ratings are very important and as has been mentioned, STJ and G-town are responsible for a large portion of that.

Guy, we ain't even close to the brand that Georgetown is. We have been down pretty much since 2001. If you haven't noticed thats 16 years and most of that time was in the 16 team Big East. The thing is our attendance is much much better than GTowns even though they have had much more success over that time frame.
NJRedman

Postby billyjack » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:43 am

stever20 wrote:I just don't think anyone in power feels good with the post season performances as a whole for the conference. To have only 4 sweet 16's in the last 4 years(6 fewer than the next P5 conference)- isn't good. You can talk all you want about the national championship, and it was wonderful, but it's not everything. The conference has in 3 of the 4 years underachieved in the post season. And even in the year where the league didn't underachieve as a whole, you still had the Xavier loss as a 2 seed in the 2nd round. There's yet to be the huge post season year, where things all fall into place and there's like 3-4 Big East teams in the sweet 16, with no teams losing early that shouldn't. And you can act like that doesn't matter, but it really does. Why do the polls always seem to undervalue the Big East at the start of the year? Because of just that.

With Crawfish Wichita Bucket acting like a douche this month, you have a great opportunity to stand apart with ridiculous yet semi-sorta-kinda-tolerable anti-Big-East gobbledy-gook. Instead you're repeating the same discredited lines that you've babbled on about for 4 years. C'mon, great opportunity here. Come up with new material.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:47 am

billyjack wrote:
stever20 wrote:I just don't think anyone in power feels good with the post season performances as a whole for the conference. To have only 4 sweet 16's in the last 4 years(6 fewer than the next P5 conference)- isn't good. You can talk all you want about the national championship, and it was wonderful, but it's not everything. The conference has in 3 of the 4 years underachieved in the post season. And even in the year where the league didn't underachieve as a whole, you still had the Xavier loss as a 2 seed in the 2nd round. There's yet to be the huge post season year, where things all fall into place and there's like 3-4 Big East teams in the sweet 16, with no teams losing early that shouldn't. And you can act like that doesn't matter, but it really does. Why do the polls always seem to undervalue the Big East at the start of the year? Because of just that.

With Crawfish Wichita Bucket acting like a douche this month, you have a great opportunity to stand apart with ridiculous yet semi-sorta-kinda-tolerable anti-Big-East gobbledy-gook. Instead you're repeating the same discredited lines that you've babbled on about for 4 years. C'mon, great opportunity here. Come up with new material.

So do you think the Big East has performed well in the postseason? I get the title, which is really the saving grace. But if the league kept performing in the post season like they have in the last 4 years(sans the title)- would you be content with that?
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board