Postby Novachap » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:40 am

Great, Great News!
Novachap

Re: Matta Out At Ohio State

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sju88grad » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:47 am

FriarJ wrote:This is a big deal for the BE and recruiting don't think it's not. When half the conference's coaches are on the list for a job as good as OSU and they are all staying put, that speaks volumes about what the NBE has become. Just great news all around, It means a lot that the coaches are thought of this highly and that they love what's happening at their schools and in the conference.

Once again a big shout out to Nova and Jay Wright and his players for showing the possibilities each school has.

GREAT post FriarJ.....couldn't agree more....Congrats to Jays fans....I'm really happy McD is sticking around...
sju88grad

Postby DeePhence » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:06 pm

This is on PC Friar fan who is delighted for Creighton and delighted for the league that Coach Mac is staying put.
One of the things that have made this young league great so quickly is the quality and commitment of the coaches, and the fact that they fit so well at their schools.

Let's go Friars! Cooley for Prez!
DeePhence

Postby Savannah Jay » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:24 pm

Novachap wrote:Great, Great News!

Tis indeed...
Savannah Jay

Postby Jet915 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:35 pm

THE ohio state university being rejected by Big East coaches left and right :lol: ....
Jet915

Postby MullinMayhem » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:58 pm

Great news for the Jays fans and the Big East! Man, that speaks volumes turning down Ohio State. Creighton has been a perfect addition to the conference and I'm looking forward to playing them more and more as we improve.
MullinMayhem

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:03 pm

I like Big Mac. He's gotta see what a sweet deal he's got out there at Creighton. He's the Big Dog out there, has great fans in Omaha and not the same pressure to succeed as OSU would be. At OSU, he'd never be to top dog. Wondering how much his experience at Iowa St. played in all of this.

Congrats Jays.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Savannah Jay » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:14 pm

A few tweets today:

Tyler Clement: THE Creighton University
Sydney McDermott: homaha

AD Rasmussen:
"I have been privileged to be the AD at Creighton for 23 years, and in those years we have had only 2 men's basketball coaches....I am thankful for the time and friendship I have shared with both of them, and look forward to many more years with Coach McDermott at Creighton."
Savannah Jay

Postby sarp » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:20 pm

The only thing that would have made this better is if Creighton was playing Ohio State in the Big 10 vs Big East challenge.
Creighton Fan since the 1980's
sarp

Postby Xudash » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:00 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:I like Big Mac. He's gotta see what a sweet deal he's got out there at Creighton. He's the Big Dog out there, has great fans in Omaha and not the same pressure to succeed as OSU would be. At OSU, he'd never be to top dog. Wondering how much his experience at Iowa St. played in all of this.

Congrats Jays.

You made some good points earlier about how coming after BE coaches can be seen as a "glass half full" proposition.

Let's add to that by amplifying the value of the Big East as a BASKETBALL CENTRIC LEAGUE. Basketball is Job One in the Big East.

I grew up an Ohio State football fan and remain one today. If you've ever been to the Horseshoe for a game, you get it, whether you like or hate the Buckeyes. The place is chuck full of tradition and size and power and money.

OSU Nation, or whatever you might wish to refer to them as, is certainly an entitled bunch. They have to be beside themselves at this point. Of course, if you think you're going after Brad Stevens and Sean Miller right out of the gate, I don't know what to say.

BTW, I certainly don't wish Thad ill will, though he did leave Xavier in a less than top shelf manner.

Back to us: we are retaining desirable coaches as we continue to build a strong, re-birthed Big East. Good for, in this specific go-around, Xavier, Butler, Creighton and Providence.
XAVIER
Xudash

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board