Matta Out At Ohio State

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Matta Out At Ohio State

Postby XtoDC » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:27 pm

NJRedman wrote:
admin wrote:McDermott declines Ohio State offer and is staying at Creighton.

I'm very happy he's staying and I love the #RollJays hashtag. Think he gets the double meaning there? hahahahaha

We learned this offseason that Trevon undoubtedly does, HEY-o!
XtoDC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Novachap » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:57 pm

XtoDC wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
admin wrote:McDermott declines Ohio State offer and is staying at Creighton.

I'm very happy he's staying and I love the #RollJays hashtag. Think he gets the double meaning there? hahahahaha

We learned this offseason that Trevon undoubtedly does, HEY-o!

Nice! Grass in this case was not Greener for McDermott..... (aside, BS deal for Bluiett for that whole deal imo)
Novachap

Postby jaxalum » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:43 pm

That's fantastic news. Congrats Jays fans.

The Devils Advocate in me, especially as a Xavier fan, is OSU is going to get to to a point where they can't afford another no, and come back to Mack, who was at the top of their list, and throw so much money at him that he can't say no. I just hope this ends quickly with a non Big East coach hired.
Xavier
jaxalum

Postby jfan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:06 pm

I agree that could be a concern until they hire a coach, but money wasn't the issue for Mac and I doubt it is the issue for Coach Mack.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:33 pm

Glad to have Coach Mac stick with us. The season tip-off can't come soon enough.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:53 pm

Congratulations to Creighton and their fans.

Ohio State's poorly timed search continues after Greg McDermott says no - Jeff Eisenberg, The Dagger - June 8, 2017
McDermott is the third candidate to publicly pass on the Ohio State job, joining Xavier’s Chris Mack and Chicago Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg. Among those that also reportedly do not have interest are Arizona’s Sean Miller and Oklahoma City Thunder coach Billy Donovan.

Smith’s inability to find a taker for the job reflects Ohio State’s awful timing firing its coach in June instead of immediately after the season. Potential target Archie Miller was already off the market, while other candidates have assembled rosters too strong for next season to consider abruptly bolting now.

It’s reasonable for Smith to have shot for the stars by reaching out to high-profile candidates, but it’s inexplicable that he didn’t have a backup plan ready to go in the likelihood that they said no. Who in their right mind would fire the most accomplished basketball coach in school history three months into the offseason without having a successor in mind?

Here's the latest rumor:

HighMajorScoop.com tweet - June 8, 2017
Butler's Chris Holtmann to Ohio State is heating up. Numerous "insiders" claiming it's near a done deal. Time will tell if this has legs.
Last edited by Fieldhouse Flyer on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby milksteak » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:01 pm

Things have really taken a turn for the bad for Butler in the last six hours or so. I'm more worried now then I was earlier this week.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby admin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:37 pm

milksteak wrote:Things have really taken a turn for the bad for Butler in the last six hours or so. I'm more worried now then I was earlier this week.

Well this would sure suck after such a good morning for the league.
admin
Site Admin

Postby MullinMayhem » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:46 pm

If this happens, Butler has had a lot of turnover in just a handful of seasons.
MullinMayhem

Postby jfan » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:23 pm

Is there a legitimate source for Holtmann even considering the OSU job?
CREIGHTON
jfan

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board