Preseason Top-25 Master List

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Preseason Top-25 Master List

Postby stever20 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:09 am

Edrick wrote:With all respects to the prognosticators of this forum, Butler actually finished lower than its preseason Pomeroy of 19 at 25th.

Perhaps the only thing that proves is a weird bias, here, against one of the most consistent Big East programs. Don't know.

last year Big East Coaches preseason poll had Butler 6th.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:13 am

looking- here's Lunardi's post NBA decision bracketology:
Xavier 5 W San Diego
Seton Hall 6 W Wichita
Providence 9 E Charlotte
Villanova 2 E Pittsburgh
Butler 5 MW Dallas
Creighton 9 S Nashville

good stuff-
Xavier- I'd take where they are 100% of the time. UT Arlington rd 1 then St Mary's rd 2.
Villanova- like their path a lot. Michigan/Texas rd 2, then WVU in the RSF.
Butler- like their path. Cincy in rd 2 tough(any 4/5 is bad) but then tourney underachiever Kansas in the RSF.
Seton Hall- not bad seeing Nevada and Notre Dame in 1st 2 rounds. Michigan St in RSF though is tough...

The 9's are in pretty tough spots. Providence in Charlotte vs Duke and Creighton in Nashville vs Kentucky. But that's what you expect as a 8 or 9 seed.
stever20

Postby xusandy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:45 pm

Stever, WTF - how can you be evaluating 1st and 2nd round matchups in the 2018 dance already!? IMHO, this just shows how far you've gone off the deep end! Get a life, my friend; take up an off-season hobby or something!

For the time being, about all we can really say is that next season looks pretty promising for the BEAST, since the various pundits and prognosticators are virtually all picking 3-5 of our teams to be in the top 25, with a total of 5-7 getting into the dance. Blueitt and Delgado deciding to stay is huge, as it elevates both X and SH to legit league title contenders. With SJ's improvement last year, and some excitement around G'Town's hire of Ewing, only our poor DePaul brethren seem to have little reason for hope and optimism next year.
xusandy

Postby stever20 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:55 am

xusandy wrote:Stever, WTF - how can you be evaluating 1st and 2nd round matchups in the 2018 dance already!? IMHO, this just shows how far you've gone off the deep end! Get a life, my friend; take up an off-season hobby or something!

For the time being, about all we can really say is that next season looks pretty promising for the BEAST, since the various pundits and prognosticators are virtually all picking 3-5 of our teams to be in the top 25, with a total of 5-7 getting into the dance. Blueitt and Delgado deciding to stay is huge, as it elevates both X and SH to legit league title contenders. With SJ's improvement last year, and some excitement around G'Town's hire of Ewing, only our poor DePaul brethren seem to have little reason for hope and optimism next year.

This bracket has 4 teams in the top 25. So it's right in line with all the polls we've seen....

When I see any bracket- I look at what it would be like if that was the bracket. For Xavier, Nova, Butler- If I were those 3, I'd be like where do I sign up for their paths right here right now. Seton Hall a bit tougher- any time you are in bracket with Michigan St, you don't like it. And the 9's- pretty much, we know what that means. Close to road games in 2nd round. That is what it is.

If I were a Big East fan, I would be thrilled with this bracket quite frankly.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board