SJHooper Pisses Off Recruits on Twitter

The home for Big East hoops

Postby NJRedman » Thu May 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Exiled Redman is his twitter handle because he was kicked off Redmen.com

Exiled Redman‏
@brandersen631
@Iam_SidWilson Have fun playing on ESPN3 vs. Tulane, ECU, UCF, Tulsa, Houston, etc. instead of Nova, GTown, Xavier on national TV! #sjubb

Sid Wilson‏
@Iam_SidWilson
Replying to @brandersen631 @DannyBoyBronx @kgrogan07
I don't know who you are but my future doesn't depend on a comment on Instagram. Stay in your lane fam

Good job guy, keep harassing high school kids and chasing recruits away from the school. Way to prove you aren't an unhinged, bi-polar lunatic. He's also had run ins with the head of our recruiting Matt A and the SJU beat writer.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: SJHooper Pisses Off Recruits on Twitter

Postby Red Rooster » Thu May 18, 2017 11:34 pm

NJRedman wrote:Exiled Redman is his twitter handle because he was kicked off Redmen.com

He's still a lurker on Redmen.com.
Red Rooster

Postby SJHooper » Fri May 19, 2017 8:18 am

Yup, I'm a regular Steve Bartman, folks. Let's just gang up on someone for doing something that many others themselves do on a regular basis. Kidding aside, many others were saying similar things, he just happened to reply to my post. Now, was it stupid of me to directly tweet at a recruit? Yeah, it was and I'm not going to do that anymore. I take responsibility for that. But you have to understand the context to understand what happened. Rumors were that it was down to UConn and SJ as a very close race. With that being known, he goes onto Instagram live and literally says he is "UConn bound". That is as black and white as it gets. How can that be taken any other way? My point is HE let the cat out of the bag himself. He probably did not realize so many people would see his comment and once it exploded on social media saying he is probably committing to UConn, he lashed out once fans reacted to what HE did. He is angry, because the incentive is now gone to tune in and see where he commits, since it's almost definitely UConn. You can say he's 18 and whatever but that was still not smart at all on his part. You don't let a secret out then get mad at people when they react to it. You just don't let it out to begin with. It's one thing if I was friends with the kid and I let the cat out of the bag, but it was him personally who did it to himself. 99% of recruits don't even reply to fans tweeting at them. The next thing that will happen is he will probably announce for UConn and SJ/Big East fans will act like I personally am the reason he did not choose SJ even though he clearly said he was "UConn bound" BEFORE any of this. But it will happen. I hope Wilson commits here, but I won't hold my breath and he is a cautionary tale for why you shouldn't reveal where you are going early if you want people to be in suspense upon your announcement. Looking back it was stupid of me to even tweet him at all and I'm finished directly tweeting them, but to act like he has zero responsibility for revealing it himself is also stupid. The 2 things I said were: "Have fun playing Tulane, etc." is that harassment? Pretty silly standard if you think so. You are acting as if it was some personal attack directed towards his family. I was referencing the conference differences between the AAC and Big East. The other thing I said was "What do you expect him to say?" after he tweeted out that he had not yet made a decision. What I said was nothing out of the ordinary from other fans. He is set to announce tomorrow at 6 PM. To make an entire thread about this is over the top...a poster on Redmen was even saying that every fanbase tweets at recruits. Relax.
SJHooper

Postby Hall2012 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 am

I wonder if he's also the guy who created 2 fake "SHU Fan" twitter accounts solely for the purpose of harassing/insulting Angel Delgado over considering turning pro.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby RedStorm » Fri May 19, 2017 8:47 am

I don't think that guy is really a St Johns fan at all. Sabotaging a recruitment for a kid who had not yet decided. And the bs rumor he tried to float about Shamorie Ponds a few months ago. I think this guy has some ax to grind with the program or this particular coaching staff and he is trying to do damage.
RedStorm

Postby NJRedman » Fri May 19, 2017 8:57 am

RedStorm wrote:I don't think that guy is really a St Johns fan at all. Sabotaging a recruitment for a kid who had not yet decided. And the bs rumor he tried to float about Shamorie Ponds a few months ago. I think this guy has some ax to grind with the program or this particular coaching staff and he is trying to do damage.

Wouldn't be shocked. What I think is more likely is that he is very unhinged. He still lurks at a St. John's board he can't post on.
NJRedman

Postby REDMEN1415 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 pm

NJRedman wrote:
RedStorm wrote:I don't think that guy is really a St Johns fan at all. Sabotaging a recruitment for a kid who had not yet decided. And the bs rumor he tried to float about Shamorie Ponds a few months ago. I think this guy has some ax to grind with the program or this particular coaching staff and he is trying to do damage.

Wouldn't be shocked. What I think is more likely is that he is very unhinged. He still lurks at a St. John's board he can't post on.

Well hopefully Sid knows that true St. John's fans and alumni want him here Mullin and the staff and the players want him here.
I hope he doesn't make his decision based on some nut.
REDMEN1415

Postby CrawfishBucket » Sat May 20, 2017 1:52 am

Sid was understandably taken aback by this behavior.

Embarrassing.
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby SJHooper » Sat May 20, 2017 10:19 am

You guys are being ridiculous. Out of hundreds if not thousands of similar comments on Twitter and he happened to reply to mine which was also linked with other replies mind you. Nothing I said was earth shattering. If you think a top 100 4 star recruit is going to have his decision affected by a random fan on Twitter you are just not being sane. I should not tweet any recruits at all unless it's 100% positive, but I stand by the fact that they were nothing out of the ordinary. Remember to use your critical thinking people...look at the person who started this thread. Is he biased? Does he have a bone to pick? Is he even-keeled? Does he have a tendency to exaggerate my every post? Enough said there.

I tweeted him good luck wherever he ends up and apologized. I believe there was some major football recruit looking at Alabama and some Bama fan made a racist remark and he said he decided not to commit there because of it. Let's not muddy the waters and act like my 2 comments on twitter were anything significant. I said 1) Have fun playing Tulane and other AAC foes and 2) After he said he was UConn bound on Instagram live and he backpedaled I said "What do you expect him to say?". If this is significant to you, then you better be careful...you know what they say about people involving rocks and glass houses.
SJHooper

Postby Red Rooster » Sat May 20, 2017 11:47 am

SJHooper wrote:Yup, I'm a regular Steve Bartman, folks. Let's just gang up on someone for doing something that many others themselves do on a regular basis. Kidding aside, many others were saying similar things, he just happened to reply to my post. Now, was it stupid of me to directly tweet at a recruit? Yeah, it was and I'm not going to do that anymore. I take responsibility for that. But you have to understand the context to understand what happened. Rumors were that it was down to UConn and SJ as a very close race. With that being known, he goes onto Instagram live and literally says he is "UConn bound". That is as black and white as it gets. How can that be taken any other way? My point is HE let the cat out of the bag himself. He probably did not realize so many people would see his comment and once it exploded on social media saying he is probably committing to UConn, he lashed out once fans reacted to what HE did. He is angry, because the incentive is now gone to tune in and see where he commits, since it's almost definitely UConn. You can say he's 18 and whatever but that was still not smart at all on his part. You don't let a secret out then get mad at people when they react to it. You just don't let it out to begin with. It's one thing if I was friends with the kid and I let the cat out of the bag, but it was him personally who did it to himself. 99% of recruits don't even reply to fans tweeting at them. The next thing that will happen is he will probably announce for UConn and SJ/Big East fans will act like I personally am the reason he did not choose SJ even though he clearly said he was "UConn bound" BEFORE any of this. But it will happen. I hope Wilson commits here, but I won't hold my breath and he is a cautionary tale for why you shouldn't reveal where you are going early if you want people to be in suspense upon your announcement. Looking back it was stupid of me to even tweet him at all and I'm finished directly tweeting them, but to act like he has zero responsibility for revealing it himself is also stupid. The 2 things I said were: "Have fun playing Tulane, etc." is that harassment? Pretty silly standard if you think so. You are acting as if it was some personal attack directed towards his family. I was referencing the conference differences between the AAC and Big East. The other thing I said was "What do you expect him to say?" after he tweeted out that he had not yet made a decision. What I said was nothing out of the ordinary from other fans. He is set to announce tomorrow at 6 PM. To make an entire thread about this is over the top...a poster on Redmen was even saying that every fanbase tweets at recruits. Relax.

I can't believe you came here to attempt to justify your behavior with this crappy post. You know what? I take that back. I can believe it. You've shown you're incredibly stupid.

So, because others do it, then it makes what you did not so bad, huh? Yeah, that's a way to shun personal responsibility. Even if Wilson supposedly announced for UCONN while playing around on Instagram, then that's his prerogative. This is only basketball! It's not life or death. It's a form of entertainment. Just because you have an infantile mind doesn't allow you to attempt to place blame on Wilson. If that's what he wanted to do, then so be it. Then again, just because he said or announced it on Instagram doesn't necessarily mean he was being serious. Maybe, he was having a little fun at someone else's expense (I didn't see the interview, but just going by what I was told). I also think it's creepy for anyone around the age of 21 and older to directly tweet recruits. It's a personal feeling, but there is something weird about doing it.

Yeah! Wilson should take responsibilty for your childish antics because he said, he was going to UCONN on Instagram. No, you're the stupid one. He doesn't have to answer to anyone for what he did. He seemed to get upset with you because you directly tweeted him and indirectly attacked him with the AAC and Big East difference. Once again, just because other people do it doesn't make you less responsible and foolish. It was a stupid move, and by you coming here to justify it in the manner you did makes you look even more moronic. I can't say I'm surprised.
Red Rooster

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board