Crawfish - Other BE Sports

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Importance Of Other Big East Sports...

Postby Xavier4036 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:11 pm

What is an "AWFUL" look?

This is a Big East men's basketball message board. The Big East is a basketball league. You are a Georgetown fan monitoring the Cincinnati Enquirer posting about the baseball coaching hire of an American Athletic school. On a Big East basketball board.

This was a money play, plain and simple. UC can pay their baseball coach more. Xavier is the better baseball program as of late but can't pay baseball coach as much as UC.

All is good. Googins had a great run at Xavier. Back to back Big East championships and back to back NCAA regional finals. Again best of luck at UC. Not sure anyone is paying attention to this other than the Georgetown fan Crawfish
Xavier4036

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CrawfishBucket » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Xavier4036 wrote:What is an "AWFUL" look?

This is a Big East men's basketball message board. The Big East is a basketball league. You are a Georgetown fan monitoring the Cincinnati Enquirer posting about the baseball coaching hire of an American Athletic school. On a Big East basketball board.

This was a money play, plain and simple. UC can pay their baseball coach more. Xavier is the better baseball program as of late but can't pay baseball coach as much as UC.

All is good. Googins had a great run at Xavier. Back to back Big East championships and back to back NCAA regional finals. Again best of luck at UC. Not sure anyone is paying attention to this other than the Georgetown fan Crawfish

Look at the stadiums... and that's all I'll say... There are levels to this.

Cincinnati

ImageImage

Xavier

ImageImage
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby Xavier4036 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:05 pm

I'm still at a loss for how this is relates to Big East basketball?

UC just hired a successful baseball coach to try to bring back to life their program. Googins was really successful at Xavier. Back to back Big East championships and back to back NCAA Regional Finals. He probably doubled his salary going to UC. Not a tough call. Best of luck to him at UC in the American Athletic.

This isn't on anyone's radar screen. I'm not even sure anybody I know (who are all pretty big Xavier fans and supporters) could even tell you the name of our baseball coach and frankly probably don't know anything about the baseball NCAA runs.

Again really really odd behavior from a Georgetown fan to be making multiple posts (including links and pictures) on a Big East men's basketball message board about the baseball coach hire of an American Athletic school.

Outside of Georgetown Crawfish, no one really cares too much.
Xavier4036

Postby stever20 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:59 am

I think really somewhat outside of women's basketball- other sports are really totally meaningless. I know I heard Oklahoma won the national title in softball last night, but I can't tell you who won even the national title in any other spring sport. The other sports are great for giving kids a chance to go to college for free or reduced. But really outside their family, it's meaningless.
stever20

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:14 pm

There are levels to this as in "could care less" levels? Neither Cincy nor Xavier baseball (and, I would make a broader brush about baseball in any state that has winter) fans seem to care much. Xavier averaged 391 fans a game at baseball this year. I am not sure what Cincy averaged, it was certainly more even though the team was not as good. But Cincy's highest attended games were Louisville (1,709), Xavier (1,708), and Xavier (1,678). Louisville was #1 in the country when they played.

The point is...fans don't really care that much about anything but football and basketball. I am sure that guy will be a great coach at Cincy...and his teams will play at home in front of 2,000 fans on a good night and 1,500 fans on an average night. And no one else will care. Depending on whether you consider Vandy and Wichita "warm weather," the only schools to win natty's in baseball that were not "warm weather" schools were Oregon State (2), Vandy, and Wichita. That's it. So the coach from X got a nice raise, didn't have to move his family, and his team will be not be relevant (nationally). It's how college baseball works. It's a warm weather game and the warm weather schools rule it (and even most of their fans don't care).
Savannah Jay

Postby CrawfishBucket » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:00 pm

OU's coach just had to step down. Any word yet on who's taking over for Googins at Xavier? He did pretty well considering the resources he had.

34 wins
Back-to-Back BIG EAST Champs
Back-to-Back NCAA Regional Finals

Btw, LHP Zac Lowther was just drafted with the 74th pick of the 2017 #MLBDraft, by the Orioles.

Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby CrawfishBucket » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:03 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:The point is...fans don't really care that much about anything but football and basketball.

What fans? Would you say SEC fans don't care? Or Big 12 fans for that matter?

The optics of being a major conference includes being competitive during most every season of competition.
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby billyjack » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:06 pm

CrawfishBucket wrote:
Savannah Jay wrote:The point is...fans don't really care that much about anything but football and basketball.

The optics of being a major conference includes being competitive during most every season of competition.

Now you're talking to yourself?

No one in the Big East footprint gives a flying shit about college baseball.

Maybe you can go on an SEC board and pester them about not following college hockey... or crew... or the shot put... or the hammer throw...
Providence
billyjack

Postby CrawfishBucket » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:17 pm

billyjack wrote:
CrawfishBucket wrote:

Now you're talking to yourself?

No one in the Big East footprint gives a flying shit about college baseball.

Maybe you can go on an SEC board and pester them about not following college hockey... or crew... or the shot put... or the hammer throw...

It's a bigger footprint than it used to be.
When Louisville, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Cincinnati, Connecticut, and Rutgers left, people started caring a lot less... of course that couldn't have anything to do with a drop in stature.
Georgetown
CrawfishBucket

Postby billyjack » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:48 pm

#AmericanRising
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board