2018 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2018 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

Postby adoraz » Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 am

stever20 wrote:
adoraz wrote:OK, I checked one conference for the Top 200. The ACC I believe has 1.6 recruits per team in the Top 200, while the BE has 1.9 (19). I counted a couple times and got 24 and 25 Top 200 recruits for the ACC, while the BE is definitely 19. I may be off by a recruit or so for the ACC, but definitely not enough for it to make a difference. Either way, I am certain the Big East has more Top 200 (1-200) recruits per school than the ACC. In addition, the Big East has more Top 50 recruits per school than the ACC. This includes Duke and all other ACC schools, no school was left out.

The sad part is I'm sure Stever knew the Big East is the strongest conference in the 151-200 range, so he omitted that from his range.

At a quick glance using Stever's Top 150 numbers and the 247 list of teams 151-200, I'm fairly confident the Big East also outperforms the B12 and SEC in the Top 200.

Bottom line:
Big East is #3 for recruits 1-50, and I believe #3 as well for recruits 1-200. They are #6 in the Top 150, but obviously Top 200 is more important than Top 150. As I said previously, BE is also strong with the 201-250 range but eventually there needs to be a cut-off.

So the last 2-3 years when you did recruiting things, did you EVER mention top 200? Nope. You mentioned 4 or 5 star guys only. LOL.

You fail to see the irony because YOU'VE been the person always changing the metrics over the years. You've been the person changing to whatever fits your needs and derailing these threads time and time again.

This year we simply had a lot higher ranked recruits but also more lower than normal. Literally, recruits just moved up or down a few dozen spots and that's it. Point is, numbers can be manipulated to fit a narrative, especially if the narrative has the same overall point. Big East recruiting is top notch. This year was an outlier with the spread widening past the regular mostly low 100s range we recruit in. It can be an outlier and still an excellent class, as I proved.

For example, the AAC recruiting sucks no matter how you look at it. Not even you could make the numbers for the AAC anything better than a disaster.
Johnnies
adoraz

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue May 01, 2018 8:34 pm

adoraz wrote:
stever20 wrote:
So the last 2-3 years when you did recruiting things, did you EVER mention top 200? Nope. You mentioned 4 or 5 star guys only. LOL.

You fail to see the irony because YOU'VE been the person always changing the metrics over the years. You've been the person changing to whatever fits your needs and derailing these threads time and time again.

This year we simply had a lot higher ranked recruits but also more lower than normal. Literally, recruits just moved up or down a few dozen spots and that's it. Point is, numbers can be manipulated to fit a narrative, especially if the narrative has the same overall point. Big East recruiting is top notch. This year was an outlier with the spread widening past the regular mostly low 100s range we recruit in. It can be an outlier and still an excellent class, as I proved.

For example, the AAC recruiting sucks no matter how you look at it. Not even you could make the numbers for the AAC anything better than a disaster.

Adoraz, so right. Constant moving of goalposts in every single post. Embarassing. And to the point, just a terrible AAC recruiting class for 2018. I mean WTF happened there? Just looking at it objectively there is NO way that it can be justified, spun or explained away. Just a poor, poor job by the AAC in the 2018 class. I'm sure the AAC glass-is-half-full apologists will tout Penny and Hurley and McKee as the recruiting saviors but for a league with so many members, they just aren't selling the product very well.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue May 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Anyway enough about the AAC... some serious star power in the back-courts next year. Ponds, Howard, Baldwin, Powell, Booth, Quinerly, Goodin... Last year was the year of the wing: Bridges, Rodriguez, Khyri, Trevon and JP, Kelan M, Bullock, etc. This year there are going to be some great battles with some great young PG's. In fact other than Booth are there any outstanding Sr. lead guards in the conference next year? Baldwin and Ponds, expecially, will be must see TV.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby kayako » Wed May 02, 2018 1:13 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Adoraz, so right. Constant moving of goalposts in every single post. Embarassing. And to the point, just a terrible AAC recruiting class for 2018. I mean WTF happened there? Just looking at it objectively there is NO way that it can be justified, spun or explained away. Just a poor, poor job by the AAC in the 2018 class. I'm sure the AAC glass-is-half-full apologists will tout Penny and Hurley and McKee as the recruiting saviors but for a league with so many members, they just aren't selling the product very well.

I think he's self aware and is intentionally exaggerating to push buttons around here.
supernova
kayako

Postby adoraz » Wed May 02, 2018 5:40 pm

kayako wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:Adoraz, so right. Constant moving of goalposts in every single post. Embarassing. And to the point, just a terrible AAC recruiting class for 2018. I mean WTF happened there? Just looking at it objectively there is NO way that it can be justified, spun or explained away. Just a poor, poor job by the AAC in the 2018 class. I'm sure the AAC glass-is-half-full apologists will tout Penny and Hurley and McKee as the recruiting saviors but for a league with so many members, they just aren't selling the product very well.

I think he's self aware and is intentionally exaggerating to push buttons around here.

I think that's partially true. Sometimes I think he just says stuff to annoy. I also believe he gets pissed off at us too though lol.

Of course, the funniest part about all this is that his AAC has moved out of the power conferences and the BE has won 2 national championships and is averaging about 6 tournament teams per year. So the trolling isn't getting to people, which is why he hasn't been banned yet lol.

I think he sometimes has stuff to contribute, and it's good to have a counter, but shame that he often gets too ridiculous with stuff.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby MUPanther » Wed May 02, 2018 7:53 pm

2019 DeMatha Catholic (MD) G Justin Moore has committed to Villanova
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Jet915 » Wed May 02, 2018 8:17 pm

MUPanther wrote:2019 DeMatha Catholic (MD) G Justin Moore has committed to Villanova

#58 on 247 composite, rich get richer, congrats Nova.
Jet915

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed May 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Jet915 wrote:
MUPanther wrote:2019 DeMatha Catholic (MD) G Justin Moore has committed to Villanova

These are the kinds of kids the BE has to feast on. Solid kid from a solid HS program who isn't expecting to be in college for just a year. Give me recruits like him all day long over the 5 star kids who want to use college hoops as a stepping stone. This is how we beat the bluest of the bloods. Nova seems to have a really nice pipeline from the DC metro area working the last few years: Jenkins, Hart, Booth, Slater, Moore. Great hoops area.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby kayako » Thu May 03, 2018 4:42 am

adoraz wrote:Of course, the funniest part about all this is that his AAC has moved out of the power conferences and the BE has won 2 national championships and is averaging about 6 tournament teams per year.

It seems like the Big East teams are scooping up a lot of the big names in the transfer market, too. How's the AAC doing? I think we all know the answer :lol:
supernova
kayako

Postby Irishdawg » Thu May 03, 2018 8:49 am

Jet915 wrote:

Sure would be nice if Nova could finally start pulling their weight. ;)

Great get. Hoping 2019 will finally be the year when Butler cracks the top half of the Big East in the recruiting rankings. So far they've gone 7th, 9th, 7th, 9th, 9th.
Irishdawg

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board