2018 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2018 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

Postby BigmanU » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:25 am

So what's going on with that Tyger fella? Thought he was announcing yesterday. Wherever he lands, I would be shocked if he doesn't transfer later in short order.

DePaul?
BigmanU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:36 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
BigmanU wrote:
ChestRockwell85 wrote:Look for Class of 2018 McDonald's All-American PG Jahvon Quinerly to pop for Villanova any day now.

Good to hear, didn't think you guys were (really) interested.

I don’t think Jay and Nova would have been if there was any risk of him being ineligible. Wondering if something was cleared up with NCAA eligibility.

If Jay knows that Booth is coming back, maybe he's comfortable with the backcourt even if Quinerly loses his amateur status. I am okay with it if that's his line of thinking. It'd be a disaster if Booth turns pro (which I think is the right call for him) and Quinerly is ineligible. Otherwise, I think we're probably a top 10ish team again.
supernova
kayako

Postby TBC Alum » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:26 pm

BigmanU wrote:So what's going on with that Tyger fella? Thought he was announcing yesterday. Wherever he lands, I would be shocked if he doesn't transfer later in short order.

DePaul?

This is looking more and more like Tugs every day
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Postby Demon22 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:31 am

Tyler Campbell has verbally committed to UCLA. :(
Demon22

Postby billyjack » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Demon22 wrote:Tyler Campbell has verbally committed to UCLA. :(

At one point last year he had committed to DePaul. Then he opened up his recruitment again. But he still had DePaul in his final three teams. Then he delayed his announcement last week. Maybe DePaul in the end is better off with a player who is 100% sure of his choice. And no fault by him in selecting UCLA as your team. Tough for him to not go with the Bruins. Great opportunity.
Providence
billyjack

Postby Demon22 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:03 pm

I know DePaul thought they had a real chance to bring Tyger (...stupid autocorrect) back into the fold.

But this is devastating for DePaul. Yesterday, they were considered a favorite for Campbell and Top 100 center Bryan Penn-Johnson. Now, they've lost out on Campbell and Penn-Johnson is a whole lot more likely to go to Washington than he was yesterday.

I don't think it's hyperbole to suggest that this could be the final nail in the coffin for Leitao 2.0. He's not winning recruiting battles, and he's not winning on the court. His contract can't be huge, and I'm guessing a buy out is probably not cost prohibitive as it was with Oliver Purnell.
Demon22

Postby Jet915 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:02 am

Demon22 wrote:I know DePaul thought they had a real chance to bring Tyger (...stupid autocorrect) back into the fold.

But this is devastating for DePaul. Yesterday, they were considered a favorite for Campbell and Top 100 center Bryan Penn-Johnson. Now, they've lost out on Campbell and Penn-Johnson is a whole lot more likely to go to Washington than he was yesterday.

I don't think it's hyperbole to suggest that this could be the final nail in the coffin for Leitao 2.0. He's not winning recruiting battles, and he's not winning on the court. His contract can't be huge, and I'm guessing a buy out is probably not cost prohibitive as it was with Oliver Purnell.

Just make it a housecleaning and get rid of your AD as well....
Jet915

Postby ThrowDownDBrown » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:00 am

Bringing Leitao back was absolutely embarrassing and to no ones shock he's not working out for Depaul. Get rid of that clown and hire and young up and coming coach who can actually recruit the Chicago area.
ThrowDownDBrown

Postby Burrito » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:11 am

Hiring Jerry Wainwright, Oliver Purnell and Dave Leitao were bold moves. The AD clearly knows what she is doing.
Burrito

Postby BEhomer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:29 am

that's 3 bad hires in a row. i don't know how AD survives that.

I actually thought Leitao was a decent coach, but he hasn't had any success recruiting. can't argue with the results.
BEhomer

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board