2018 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2018 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

Postby jfan » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Our last 6 high school recruits have all had great offer lists and they all chose Creighton and the BE. Speaks volumes for the Conference. We beat two very good basketball schools (Arizona and Maryland) and a Community College (couldn't resist) for Sam. He visited all four schools.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Burrito » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm

Duke's 2018 recruiting class.

National rank (Rivals)

1) R.J Barrett
2) Cameron Reddish
3) Zion Williamson (Committed today)
8) Tre Jones
Burrito

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:58 pm

Duck Fuke
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:19 am

Didn't want to make a new topic for this, so figured it was the best possible fit. Former 2018 SJ commit Sidney Wilson who committed to us then immediately transferred to UConn (SJ says UConn tampered but did not prevent him from going to UConn) is back in the news. The latest is that his father is bad-mouthing SJ for not "helping enough" in the process of getting Sid eligible immediately at UConn. I know some will say that it's bad PR for us but I like it. Him and his family screwed us over and contributed to our depth issue and lost season. I get that the kid and his family are looking out for themselves, but we at SJ must look out for ourselves as well. Is he the reason we suck this year and our coaches are on the hotseat? No. But him transferring left us with no depth and we couldn't recruit someone in time to fill his spot this year. It makes everything even worse. Remember, we could have blocked him going to UConn especially given the fact that we knew they were tampering. We didn't. We let him go. But to also demand that we do everything to make him eligible immediately at UConn takes balls...the kid is the next Rysheed Jordan though not nearly as highly ranked. Nothing but trouble. Just thought some would find this interesting.
MullinMayhem

Postby BigmanU » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:51 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:Didn't want to make a new topic for this, so figured it was the best possible fit. Former 2018 SJ commit Sidney Wilson who committed to us then immediately transferred to UConn (SJ says UConn tampered but did not prevent him from going to UConn) is back in the news. The latest is that his father is bad-mouthing SJ for not "helping enough" in the process of getting Sid eligible immediately at UConn. I know some will say that it's bad PR for us but I like it. Him and his family screwed us over and contributed to our depth issue and lost season. I get that the kid and his family are looking out for themselves, but we at SJ must look out for ourselves as well. Is he the reason we suck this year and our coaches are on the hotseat? No. But him transferring left us with no depth and we couldn't recruit someone in time to fill his spot this year. It makes everything even worse. Remember, we could have blocked him going to UConn especially given the fact that we knew they were tampering. We didn't. We let him go. But to also demand that we do everything to make him eligible immediately at UConn takes balls...the kid is the next Rysheed Jordan though not nearly as highly ranked. Nothing but trouble. Just thought some would find this interesting.

He'd get a pat on the back and best wishes with his future endeavors. :arrow: He should worry about being eligible and he wouldn't have to worry about getting eligible.

Hilarious, thanks for posting this.
BigmanU

Postby Demon22 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:40 pm

PG Tyger Campbell to announce on Thursday. He'll choose between Maryland, Purdue, UCLA, and DePaul.
Demon22

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:39 am

Look for Class of 2018 McDonald's All-American PG Jahvon Quinerly to pop for Villanova any day now.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby BigmanU » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 am

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Look for Class of 2018 McDonald's All-American PG Jahvon Quinerly to pop for Villanova any day now.

Good to hear, didn't think you guys were (really) interested.
BigmanU

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:33 pm

BigmanU wrote:
ChestRockwell85 wrote:Look for Class of 2018 McDonald's All-American PG Jahvon Quinerly to pop for Villanova any day now.

Good to hear, didn't think you guys were (really) interested.

I don’t think Jay and Nova would have been if there was any risk of him being ineligible. Wondering if something was cleared up with NCAA eligibility. I won’t count the chickens before they are hatched. Hopefully it happens. Crystal Ball is trending in that direction all of a sudden. All reports are the kid is a great young man on and off court. If there was any question, I just don’t see us pursuing him.

Out Brunson.
In Quinerly.

The beat keeps going. As per DudeAnon, wish Jay could finally land us a recruit or two. 5 years from now we are definitely toast. :lol:

BTW Tyger Campbell now trending back to DePaul. Would be a great day for the BE if both end up being true.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Jet915 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:28 am

The #25 and #72 ranked composite players popping for Big East teams would be nice.
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board