2018 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2018 Recruiting Class Could Be The Best Yet

Postby jfan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:03 pm

Rated 4* # 76 by Scout, 4* by ESPN and maybe soon to be 4* on Rivals as reported by Jet
CREIGHTON
jfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:01 am

Nice get Jays. Congrats. The train keeps rolling along...

You guys tired of getting these big time recruits yet?
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby jfan » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:59 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Nice get Jays. Congrats. The train keeps rolling along...

You guys tired of getting these big time recruits yet?
No, no and no!! I know that Nova fans are probably used to this type of recruiting, but we are getting players that wouldn't have looked at us before we joined the BE. I'm sure X and Butler fans feel the same. The gift that keeps on giving. Now (to quote Gtmo) we just need to win a championship or make it past the first week in the Tournament so we can get that monkey off our back and quiet the message board critics.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby FriarJ » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:10 pm

jfan wrote:Rated 4* # 76 by Scout, 4* by ESPN and maybe soon to be 4* on Rivals as reported by Jet

Great news and congrats. I think even the "experts" will be surprised once they see what each BE team accomplishes in recruiting for 2018. I honestly think almost every school will have a TOP 50 class with a bunch in the top 20.

This league continues to get better, firmly solidifying itself as a Top 3 league in the whole country. I was hoping for success but this is beyond anything I could have hoped for.
FriarJ

Postby hortle » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:24 pm

FriarJ wrote:
jfan wrote:Rated 4* # 76 by Scout, 4* by ESPN and maybe soon to be 4* on Rivals as reported by Jet

Great news and congrats. I think even the "experts" will be surprised once they see what each BE team accomplishes in recruiting for 2018. I honestly think almost every school will have a TOP 50 class with a bunch in the top 20.

This league continues to get better, firmly solidifying itself as a Top 3 league in the whole country. I was hoping for success but this is beyond anything I could have hoped for.

Steere is a huge addition, I don't think UNC offered but they were very, very interested and quite a few members on one of their boards really wanted him. Steere is bound to make a jump in the rankings.
hortle

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:49 pm

Hey FriarJ, Gumby, and all.

Recruiting is fun, exciting, and refreshing. Give us all something to do in the offseason. I really luv following this stuff.

However, I was referenced in this thread, so allow me to clarify. Championships are the only thing that counts...all else is window dressing, architectural gingerbread, miscellaneous fixin's.

Championships are the bread, the other stuff is butter or margarine. I luv all the fixin's but give me my Bread or it's all for naught!

Creighton wins the BE Basketball in 2017-18. It's now or never time.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:14 pm

5 Top 100 recruits and 6 on top 150 so far for Big East per Rivals. ZERO for AAC....just sayin.

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2018
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:26 pm

gotta absolutely love how folks are ok comparing the Big East to the AAC in recruiting, but don't want to have them in any comparisons during the actual season. Just sayin......
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:16 pm

stever20 wrote:gotta absolutely love how folks are ok comparing the Big East to the AAC in recruiting, but don't want to have them in any comparisons during the actual season. Just sayin......

4 years ago, you were saying how important recruiting is. Not sure what kind of point you are trying to make, go ahead, compare the two during the season....
Jet915

Postby Westbrook#36 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Jet915 wrote:
stever20 wrote:gotta absolutely love how folks are ok comparing the Big East to the AAC in recruiting, but don't want to have them in any comparisons during the actual season. Just sayin......

4 years ago, you were saying how important recruiting is. Not sure what kind of point you are trying to make, go ahead, compare the two during the season....

Oh he will, ... with highly selective, limited, and framed data points from the far reaches of the interwebs. Then when confronted with vast and overwhelming evidence to the contrary, he will move the goalposts. Plan C is to create a strawman agrument.
Westbrook#36

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board