The AAAAAAAC and Advanced Marketing (or Self-Kidding)

The home for Big East hoops

Re: The AAAAAAAC and Advanced Marketing (or Self-Kidding)

Postby stever20 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:38 am

The problem is that you guys bring up the AAC all the time your self. Look at this thread. Who started it? Xudash. I don't start stuff talking about the AAC. But if someone starts a thread talking about the AAC, what am I supposed to do, just ignore it?
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:24 am

jaxalum wrote:
Savannah Jay wrote:
Xavier4036 wrote:Stever, still not reading a thing you are writing. Please respond to question below:

Stever I didn't read a thing you wrote.

What I would like to know is why a claim you are a Georgetown and Big East fan yet write paragraphs upon paragraphs talking about the American?

The American sucks. They get 2 or 3 teams in the tournament each year. They have nothing to do with the Big East. The Big East is a consistently a Top 3 conference in the country.

Your team just got a new coach, a Hall of Famer no less. And you are spending your time talking about the AAC non-stop. The AAC has very little to no effect on the Big East. This is a Big East message board.

He'll be back in a minute. He ran upstairs to see what Mom's cooking for dinner.

I'm so sick and tired of reading about the AAC in some way, shape, or form, on almost every thread on this board. Whether it's the constant data dumping, cherry picked information, out of context presented material, ALL to justify, defend, one up his beloved AAC, which NO ONE CARES ABOUT, IS A WASTE OF ALL OUR TIME.

I ask Real Big East fans. Just so we can finally get it out there who this STEVER character is. No one reply, ask, rebut......ignore EVERYTHING he writes unitl he answers a few questions TRUTHFULLY.

1. Where did you go to school? The "I'm a Georgetown fan facade" we all know is fake. So where, if anywhere did you attend college?

2. Why are 80% of your posts related to the defense, justification, glorification, and overall greatness (in your mind) of the AAC (many times AT THE EXPENSE OF THE BIG EAST) on a Big East board when NO ONE ON THIS BOARD GIVES A RATS DICK about that conference?

3. FOR THE MODERATOR: Could you check if Crawfishbucket is Stevers doppleganger/same ISP/or any of his other alias's. Thanks

4. Here's a test I would love the Moderator to enforce. Suspend him and ALL his alias's the moment he brings up anything to do with the AAC.

Stever, people don't like phonies, being played, being lied to constantly, especially when you can be a weasel about it behind the warm anonymity of the Internet. I GUARANTEE that if you wrote a "come to Jesus" post where you were completely truthful, basically telling us all what we already know, but being specific, answering the above questions, or any other questions someone might have for you. The amount of respect you would gain on this board would be a game changer. Do you have the balls to do it?

I agree completely with that last paragraph.

If Stever were to just come clean on his background and interests, his standing on this board would be raised 1000 percent. Don't need his name of course, but just be freakin honest with us.

Me... born in '68, alum of RISD in Providence, grew up 5 minutes from Providence College campus, still live RI, huge Friar fan since '77 and Big East fan since beginning. That's all we'd need from Stever and he'd be beloved here.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:45 am

Went to Alabama for a year but then came back to NOVA. Graduated from there- then got a job.

Graduated HS in 89- had season tickets my senior year in HS to Georgetown. The year with Mourning and Mutumbo both as frosh. Had a friend whose dad worked at Georgetown. HS year had to do a research project for government class, and managed to do it on Prop 48. He helped me with a lot of info...

Don't have any kids, but coach with a girls basketball program- have done so for about 15 years now. Had like 13 games this weekend. Started with girls basketball back when I was in high school. Was in a computer class, got caught playing a game in there, and the teacher(good old Mr Windt) had me help the girls coach with the stats that they had. Went to a game over the holidays and fell in love with the girls game. Did their stats for a while after that- until I started coaching.

Used to be a huge sports fan- but now it's really just basketball and baseball(for those on the CSN board, go to the pro sports thread and look at the 2017 MLB thread- of the 616 posts there, I have 216- 2 others are right around 200- Billyjack if you like baseball- and I'm assuming you like Red Sox baseball- you should come post there some- you'll love the banter we have). Football to some degree as well, but I'm always coaching basketball on weekends so don't get to watch as much as I used to.

I'm FAR more of a general college fan than I am of just 1 conference. I'm more of a numbers guy than I am an emotional guy(I know you guys are just shocked there). When I was pressed on the CSN board years ago who I was a fan of, I chose Georgetown because of my younger days, and also the fact that I never really liked ACC basketball(Maryland/Virginia).

AS far as the AAC- I feel like they are a lot closer than you think. I think while the BE has been greater than the sum of their parts, the AAC has dramatically underachieved. Eventually I think that evens out for them. I think the AAC getting Wichita is far bigger than folks here want to give credit for. I think we're going to see how much the round robin changes things(or lack thereof).

Any other questions?
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:48 am

stever20 wrote:The problem is that you guys bring up the AAC all the time your self. Look at this thread. Who started it? Xudash. I don't start stuff talking about the AAC. But if someone starts a thread talking about the AAC, what am I supposed to do, just ignore it?

Well if you arent a AAC fan than yes
NJRedman

Postby Westbrook#36 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:57 am

NJRedman wrote:
stever20 wrote:The problem is that you guys bring up the AAC all the time your self. Look at this thread. Who started it? Xudash. I don't start stuff talking about the AAC. But if someone starts a thread talking about the AAC, what am I supposed to do, just ignore it?

Well if you arent a AAC fan than yes

+100
Westbrook#36

Postby stever20 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:04 am

oh, one thing have to warn folks on the MLB forum, I'm not all that kind to the Mets :) Or especially their training staff.... :mrgreen:
stever20

Postby Westbrook#36 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:06 am

I call major bullspit here. The only time the AAC is brought up is either when a certain dayton poster drops a toxic data dump(expansion related) on us or in response to one of your many, many, many(pretty much countless) doom and gloom for the BE or everything is smelling all rosy for AAC posts. Threads like this are simply an attempt to troll a troll.
Last edited by Westbrook#36 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westbrook#36

Postby Xudash » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:17 am

To reaffirm NJRedman's response: YES.

Beyond that, you lose again.

This thread was started to poke fun at the AAC BECAUSE of you and your idiotic attempts to pretend that you are a Georgetown fan while defending the AAC. The AAC is brought up here by Big East fans here, mostly as a punching bag, because you're dumb enough to believe that you can craft defensible positions for it. Big East fans don't care about the AAC, per se, they're just responding to your drivel, because you've made yourself such an easy target.

The AAC would hardly receive any attention on this board if it weren't for your ramblings.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Bluejay » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:19 am

jaxalum wrote:3. FOR THE MODERATOR: Could you check if Crawfishbucket is Stevers doppleganger/same ISP/or any of his other alias's. Thanks

I could be wrong, but I get the stinking suspicion that Crawfish Bucket is a Wichita State fan. Too many random Gregg Marshall references.

I've thought all along that Stever was a UConn fan.
Bluejay

Postby Xavier4036 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:42 am

Yes.

You are a self-proclaimed Georgetown and Big East fan. Absolutely ignore any AAC talk.

The only reason the AAC is ever even mentioned on here, is because of you. The AAC has nothing to do with the Big East.

The AAC sucks. It gets 2-3 teams in the tournament every year. It was very little to no effect on the Big East. The Big East is an annual Top 3 conference in the nation. No one here cares or wants to talk about a mid-level conference like the AAC other than you.
Xavier4036

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board