The AAAAAAAC and Advanced Marketing (or Self-Kidding)

The home for Big East hoops

Re: The AAAAAAAC and Advanced Marketing (or Self-Kidding)

Postby stever20 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:42 am

MullinMayhem wrote:
Edrick wrote:Wichita State is the 8th oldest team in college basketball.

https://kenpom.com/height.php?s=ExpRank

Villanova is 58th youngest actually

Wichita State will only earn my respect if they show they can sustain this high level of play nationally when they graduate everyone. They also better hope a prominent F5 job doesn't open up, because Marshall will be a major target. If Holtmann can be yanked from Butler, Marshall is no guarantee to stay.

He's no guarantee to stay, but at the same time you can't say that he's a guarantee to go either. Marshall is no more of a target for a F5 job than Chris Mack is.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DeltaV » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:10 pm

stever20 wrote:
MullinMayhem wrote:
Edrick wrote:Wichita State is the 8th oldest team in college basketball.

https://kenpom.com/height.php?s=ExpRank

Villanova is 58th youngest actually

Wichita State will only earn my respect if they show they can sustain this high level of play nationally when they graduate everyone. They also better hope a prominent F5 job doesn't open up, because Marshall will be a major target. If Holtmann can be yanked from Butler, Marshall is no guarantee to stay.

He's no guarantee to stay, but at the same time you can't say that he's a guarantee to go either. Marshall is no more of a target for a F5 job than Chris Mack is.

Yeah, but Chris Mack is already coaching a power conference team :twisted:
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby FriarJ » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:03 pm

stever20 wrote:the thing that absolutely blows my mind is that folks here I think would rather instead of the AAC getting an extra team in the tourney would rather see it go to a P5 school. And for the life of me, I just don't see why anyone here would want that.
It's because of you.
FriarJ

Postby EMT » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:30 pm

FriarJ wrote:
stever20 wrote:the thing that absolutely blows my mind is that folks here I think would rather instead of the AAC getting an extra team in the tourney would rather see it go to a P5 school. And for the life of me, I just don't see why anyone here would want that.
It's because of you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
EMT

Postby Westbrook#36 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:16 pm

I'll post this nugget here. Here's a link to an ESPN article on the main NCAAB page, state of the major conferences, and how each conference is faring so far. Notice which conference is omitted. It's on ESPN so it must be true. :lol:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21595302/the-state-the-major-conferences-college-basketball
Westbrook#36

Postby Jet915 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:21 pm

Westbrook#36 wrote:I'll post this nugget here. Here's a link to an ESPN article on the main NCAAB page, state of the major conferences, and how each conference is faring so far. Notice which conference is omitted. It's on ESPN so it must be true. :lol:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21595302/the-state-the-major-conferences-college-basketball

ESPN hasn't received their P7 stickers in the mail yet. :lol:
Jet915

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:28 pm

The thing that will always blow my mind is that despite your constant support and advancement of the American Athletic Conference, you never post in their forum - you only post in the Big East forums and realignment forums. Instead of gravitating towards like-minded thought, you freely choose to debate fans that you know won't agree with you. You say you cannot see why anyone here would not support the AAC getting extra teams into the tournament. To point you in the direction of the answer, why not visit the AAC board. Read the thread entitled "The Big East Church League's Best Days are Behind Them". Read the thread entitled "How to Kill the Big East". Read any thread that drifts any topic towards the Big East, and you will see what your beloved AAC fans think of our conference and our fans. Instead of questioning the posters here, why don't you go across the tracks and ask them why they have so much animosity towards the Big East, its members and fans. Since I am still a poster on the other site as well, I will also offer my support with the endeavor as well, but you and I both know that is fruitless because we know you won't do that.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:19 am

Jet915 wrote:
Westbrook#36 wrote:I'll post this nugget here. Here's a link to an ESPN article on the main NCAAB page, state of the major conferences, and how each conference is faring so far. Notice which conference is omitted. It's on ESPN so it must be true. :lol:

ESPN hasn't received their P7 stickers in the mail yet. :lol:

The AAC is the equivalent of a 300 lb woman grabbing a handsome man (Big East) by the collar and screaming in his face to tell her that she's pretty.
MullinMayhem

Postby Savannah Jay » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:50 am

stever20 wrote: He's no guarantee to stay, but at the same time you can't say that he's a guarantee to go either.

This is factually incorrect. We can guarantee there will be a day when Marshall isn't the coach at Wichita...we just don't know if it's sooner or later.

The difference for Wichita now (vs. the 24 years when they only made 1 NCAA tournament) is that they found a very good coach and committed significant resources to make Marshall the highest paid coach at any mid-major school. The downside for him is that he is on the island of misfit athletic departments, the vast majority of which have not made a similar commitment to basketball. They will have better competition than the last few years in the Valley, but he still doesn't get to play Duke, UNC, NC State, etc., twice a year (and I just used ACC as an example...). Marshall seems like a very competitive guy and I think it's very logical to opine that, at some point, he's going to want a different challenge. Game planning for Cincy twice (or 3) times a year may not be enough to fuel his fire.
Savannah Jay

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:01 am

Can you imagine if DePaul got serious about hoops and threw a ton of money at Marshall to bolt to the BE? I would scour every i-net fan board to read every miserable Shocker fan go into meltdown mode. One can only dream.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board