Big Get for DePaul

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big Get for DePaul

Postby EMT » Mon May 08, 2017 8:24 pm

Demon22 wrote:Bigger get for DePaul...

2018 5-star PG Tyger Campbell committed to DePaul tonight.

Wasn't even on ESPN's list of offers

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... r-campbell
EMT

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DemonLS » Mon May 08, 2017 8:29 pm

I predict Brian Bowen is next. The Big East members should be happy that strides are being made in recruiting.
DemonLS

Postby EMT » Mon May 08, 2017 8:32 pm

DemonLS wrote:I predict Brian Bowen is next. The Big East members should be happy that strides are being made in recruiting.

I'll be happier when you start getting guys without hiring their HS coach 1st.
EMT

Postby Jet915 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:34 pm

DemonLS wrote:I predict Brian Bowen is next. The Big East members should be happy that strides are being made in recruiting.

Brian Bowen is on an unofficial visit to Oregon right now and he considers himself one and done although I doubt he will be. Great get in Campbell though, didnt see that coming so quick.
Jet915

Postby DemonLS » Mon May 08, 2017 8:40 pm

DePaul recruited Brandon Cyrus, who played last season for DePaul, from La Lumeniere HS....before Shane Heirman was hired.
DemonLS

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon May 08, 2017 8:51 pm

I believe Campbell is a 2019 recruit. Some have rumored that he will reclassify to 2018, but has not yet done so.
Regardless, an excellent pickup by Coach Leitou and the Blue Demons.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Demon22 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:59 pm

Campbell wants to reclassify for 2018, and "the word" is that he is on track to do so.

Speculation, but there's been a lot of talk as to whether or not this has an effect on Brian Bowen's recruitment. But I wonder if it might have a bigger impact on Keion Brooks. DePaul now has I think two or three of Brooks' AAU teammates and Jaylen Butz, who was Brooks' teammate at North Side.
Demon22

Postby EMT » Mon May 08, 2017 9:56 pm

If DePaul can keep kids home in Chicago......

But I guess they've been saying that for 20 yrs....
EMT

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue May 09, 2017 4:18 am

EMT wrote:

I'll be happier when you start getting guys without hiring their HS coach 1st.

Oldest trick in the book. :lol:
Bill Marsh

Postby SJHooper » Tue May 09, 2017 7:14 am

Great get for DePaul...as a fan of essentially all losing teams i.e. Mets, Jets, Knicks, SJ, Isles, etc. it's nice to see things like this happen. So sick of the same boring UK, Kansas, UNC, Duke, Arizona signings. You don't have to go to those schools to make the NBA, you can make a bigger name for yourself as "the man" on a team instead of being one of many studs. Look at Kris Dunn. Very refreshing. Even if the reason is due to hiring his coach, who cares? I know some look down upon it as being desperate, but look what it did for Willard at Seton Hall. He sold his soul to get Whitehead and he's had lots of success since then. Getting Whitehead is what turned that program around...they went on to win the Big East and have been recruiting well since they started to win. The consensus seems to be that hiring a major recruit's coach just to secure them never works, but Willard is proof that it can.
SJHooper

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board