Big Get for DePaul

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big Get for DePaul

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:50 pm

Welp, almost got him DePaul. Its hard to beat recruiting trips with slick Rick.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Demon22 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:13 pm

To be honest, it's nice just to be in the game.
Demon22

Postby billyjack » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:41 am

Bowen had a weird path in his recruitment. Had a bunch of different schools at the top of his list over the last 18 months... Michigan State, Arizona, Creighton, Oregon, DePaul, Texas, now Louisville Hooker U... might be others I'm forgetting, maybe UConn?... and he may be a one-and-done anyway.

Good to see DePaul in the discussion.

Meanwhile, Louisville Hooker U has been doing some last-minute skunking around on some Friar targets. Maybe Bowen closes the door on those possibilities...? That would be the silver lining in DePaul missing out on him.
Providence
billyjack

Postby cu blujs » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:29 pm

He might be a one and done at UL, but only because he will be looking for a new school next spring when he doesn't get the playing time the voices in his ear think he should get. I have watched him a number of times. I don't see him taking substantial minutes from anyone there. I personally believe CU dodged a bullet (though I don't think the bullet was really anything other than a passing shot). Don't get me wrong, the kid can ball. But, he is no one and done, and barring injury, no way would he have taken minutes from either Kyhri or Marcus, and he can't guard a four in the BE. He would not have been happy playing 10 - 15 minutes a game. And I don't think his voices would have been happy with that. Just my little opinion.
cu blujs

Postby Savannah Jay » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:37 pm

I don't believe the NCAA has made a ruling yet on any penalties regarding the "brothel on the quad" issue yet. Tugs may have had a better chance at the NCAA tourney at DePaul than at UL. I thought the NCAA was supposed to rule in early June on UL status so it's curious that he's making this decision now. Perhaps he knows that the NCAA will chicken-shit out and not doing anything to slick rick...
Savannah Jay

Postby stever20 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:36 pm

Savannah Jay wrote:I don't believe the NCAA has made a ruling yet on any penalties regarding the "brothel on the quad" issue yet. Tugs may have had a better chance at the NCAA tourney at DePaul than at UL. I thought the NCAA was supposed to rule in early June on UL status so it's curious that he's making this decision now. Perhaps he knows that the NCAA will chicken-shit out and not doing anything to slick rick...

part of that though is that Louisville was allowed to self impose penalties on themselves 2 years ago and miss the tourney then. So odds of getting more of a post season penalty would seem to be pretty slim. Pretty rare to see 2 year penalty for something now.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board