ESPN Layoffs and Its Future...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: ESPN Layoffs and Its Future...

Postby paulxu » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:12 pm

DeltaV wrote:
alduflux wrote:
DeltaV wrote:but also the 100MBs ATT fiber plan, and its quite fast as well.

What speed do you get on a speed test?

I'm going to have to call and complain...when I first got hooked up, I checked it out and was getting 105MBs. Just went and checked now, and only getting about 30. Oddly faster (35) on upload than download.

Bait and switch.
...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:15 am

DeltaV wrote:
stever20 wrote:I think that's the thing that you are going to see here- eventually they will figure out a way to prevent stealing of families login between each other. So you can't use your grandfathers login to get it. Then we'll see how committed cord cutters really are.

Well, I did get my own access, so I guess I am 'committed'.

And I would say that you are the minority and not the rule. I mean you hear here so much of folks doing just what you are saying. Eventually they're going to figure out a way to make it where you can't share login's like that.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:13 pm

Still bothers me that ESPN and TNT blocked out FS1 on the new tv deal.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby DudeAnon » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:32 pm

MUPanther wrote:Still bothers me that ESPN and TNT blocked out FS1 on the new tv deal.

The NBA deal is arguably the single biggest reason ESPN is suffering now. They did FOX a favor.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:28 am

DudeAnon wrote:
MUPanther wrote:Still bothers me that ESPN and TNT blocked out FS1 on the new tv deal.

The NBA deal is arguably the single biggest reason ESPN is suffering now. They did FOX a favor.

ESPN would still be suffering. But because of that Fox had to over pay to get the Big Ten. 250 million for half the package with barely much difference from ESPN's package? I mean they in football only get the #1 selections in half the weeks. It's not Fox gets top 25 games and ESPN gets the rest. So yeah, Fox may get Ohio St/Michigan- but ESPN/ABC might get Ohio St's great home game with Oklahoma this year.

And because of FS1 not getting the NBA, FS1 is still not as big of a threat to ESPN.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Mon May 01, 2017 11:15 am

stever20 wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:

ESPN would still be suffering. But because of that Fox had to over pay to get the Big Ten. 250 million for half the package with barely much difference from ESPN's package? I mean they in football only get the #1 selections in half the weeks. It's not Fox gets top 25 games and ESPN gets the rest. So yeah, Fox may get Ohio St/Michigan- but ESPN/ABC might get Ohio St's great home game with Oklahoma this year.

And because of FS1 not getting the NBA, FS1 is still not as big of a threat to ESPN.

Dude, just go away. We're not looking for puppy dogs and rainbows but we don't need constant doom and gloom. I love how Fox overpaid fir the B1G but not ESPN who paid roughly the same and doesn't get top pick and doesn't get the CCG. Just kindly f off.

BTW I see you over at the other site constantly calling all of us over here idiots and other names. If you don't like then stop coming here. I'd say something to you there but im banned from posting.
NJRedman

Postby stever20 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:34 am

The football package is going to be pretty much the exact same. The only difference is the CCG and the 1st choice of which week they get #1 choice for. But Fox paid 240 million(my fault there)- but ESPN only paid 190 million. You look end of the year and the package is going to be pretty close to equal. You can make the case ESPN overpaid, but nothing like Fox. 50 million more for slightly better choices and the title game isn't much.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Mon May 01, 2017 12:22 pm

Stever. You're an idiot. FOX arguably overpaid 50 million for Big Ten games. ESPN arguably overpaid 1 billion dollars for the NBA. But yea, FOX made the big mistake here.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Mon May 01, 2017 12:40 pm

how many games does ESPN get to air of the NBA? 85 regular season(on ESPN/ESPN2 ALONE). That's 10 more than Big Ten Football and Basketball COMBINED(on Fox and FS1). Then another 30ish for playoffs for ESPN/2.

Also, how can they have overpaid by a billion when the last deal was for about 500 million per year? So sure, there's some overpayment there. But acting like it's a billion overpay is way over the top. Plus, if it makes FS1 have to overbid for some other stuff, or remain secondary, then that helps ESPN some.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Mon May 01, 2017 1:53 pm

stever20 wrote:how many games does ESPN get to air of the NBA? 85 regular season(on ESPN/ESPN2 ALONE). That's 10 more than Big Ten Football and Basketball COMBINED(on Fox and FS1). Then another 30ish for playoffs for ESPN/2.

Also, how can they have overpaid by a billion when the last deal was for about 500 million per year? So sure, there's some overpayment there. But acting like it's a billion overpay is way over the top. Plus, if it makes FS1 have to overbid for some other stuff, or remain secondary, then that helps ESPN some.

You heard it guys, everything helps ESPN and everything hurts Fox. The T-shirt GTown fan said so.
NJRedman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board