ESPN Layoffs and Its Future...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: ESPN Layoffs and Its Future...

Postby SJHooper » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Google "New years resolutions for white guys". MTV made that video and it was so absurd it made the national news. MTV is clearly showing their POV is the same as Slate, BuzzFeed, Salon, etc. if you don't know what those are go look it up. But leave it to me being called crazy for seeing a video as racist that you'd certainly agree was racist if it were about any other group. Trump is President right now because of the nutty far left and their ilk.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby alduflux » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:29 pm

DeltaV wrote:but also the 100MBs ATT fiber plan, and its quite fast as well.

What speed do you get on a speed test?
alduflux

Postby NJRedman » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:44 am

SJHooper wrote:Google "New years resolutions for white guys". MTV made that video and it was so absurd it made the national news. MTV is clearly showing their POV is the same as Slate, BuzzFeed, Salon, etc. if you don't know what those are go look it up. But leave it to me being called crazy for seeing a video as racist that you'd certainly agree was racist if it were about any other group. Trump is President right now because of the nutty far left and their ilk.

Yeah, just watched the video and as a lifelong white man i didn't find it racist. The fact you were offended by it speaks more towards you. The people calling it racist like the blaze tells me even more about you. Liberals didnt get trump elected, crazy right wing racists and mysogonists got him elected. Yes, including women.

But hey, good for you for turning a thread about espn lay offs into one about politics because you are a mid-20's nut job who doesn't know chit about chit.
NJRedman

Postby LMS » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:51 am

I haven't watched much of the highlight shows in quite a long time, but I turned and saw the new sports center recently. What on earth is that? Just a terrible product in my opinion.
LMS

Postby SJHooper » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:04 am

NJRedman wrote:
SJHooper wrote:Google "New years resolutions for white guys". MTV made that video and it was so absurd it made the national news. MTV is clearly showing their POV is the same as Slate, BuzzFeed, Salon, etc. if you don't know what those are go look it up. But leave it to me being called crazy for seeing a video as racist that you'd certainly agree was racist if it were about any other group. Trump is President right now because of the nutty far left and their ilk.

Yeah, just watched the video and as a lifelong white man i didn't find it racist. The fact you were offended by it speaks more towards you. The people calling it racist like the blaze tells me even more about you. Liberals didnt get trump elected, crazy right wing racists and mysogonists got him elected. Yes, including women.

But hey, good for you for turning a thread about espn lay offs into one about politics because you are a mid-20's nut job who doesn't know chit about chit.

Why am I getting a strong sense you are as beta as they come? Please go virtue signal somewhere else, the country is sick of it. Go join antifa or something.
SJHooper

Postby milksteak » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:26 am

NJRedman wrote:

NJRedman is lecturing someone about derailing a thread and pointing blame at the wrong people. Classic.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:47 pm

NJRedman wrote:

Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby FriarJ » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:56 pm

milksteak wrote:
NJRedman wrote:

NJRedman is lecturing someone about derailing a thread and pointing blame at the wrong people. Classic.

He's not wrong though.

Leftist Politics
You want to watch the Lakers game? Okay, but first you’re going to hear about Caitlyn Jenner. Want some NFL highlights? We’ll get to those eventually, but coming up next will be a discussion about how North Carolina is run by racist, homophobic bigots. You want to see the box scores of today’s baseball games? You can watch those at the bottom of the hour, but right now some D-list network talent would like to lecture you about gun control. After that we’ll have a panel discussion about how much courage it takes to turn your back on the American flag.

This is listed as one of multiple reasons ESPN is sinking.
http://thefederalist.com/2017/04/26/the-real-story-behind-espns-wednesday-massacre
FriarJ

Postby billyjack » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:49 pm

The Federalist is very conservative, and the article was an opinion piece. A lot of people have linked to it, but it should be expected to have a rightwing slant and jab at the other side... again, the article is someone's opinion... actually, looking at the author Sean Davis's bio, again, whether you support his opinion or not, understand that he has worked for both Rick Perry and Tom Coburn, so will look at subjects with a conservative angle... but his opinion isn't Gospel.

Also, i completely agree that few people want to hear about Caitlyn Jenner (who actually supported Trump) 24/7, nor Tim Tebow, Colin Kaepernick, or Lebron 24/7...

The simple answer, i think, is that ESPN decided incorrectly that it was a good idea to:

- fan the flames of controversial subjects that people are sick of hearing about or don't give a shit about, and have countless shows where people debate by screaming at each other.

- promote the shit out of their properties while ignoring all others, including 24/7 promotion of SEC football, ACC hoops, plus Tim Tebow and Lebron James... while shitting on G5 programs, the NHL, the Big East, and anything else they didn't own... totally and unfairly disregarding and alienating huge portions of the sports-viewing public.

- meddle and break up conferences and their longtime rivalries, causing resentment... then expecting, say, an average New Yorker to adopt a different team as their own... as if they would easily switch from watching Georgetown-Syracuse to watching Pitt-Clemson.

Also, keep in mind that ESPN is the station that once believed that hiring Rush Limbaugh would be a good idea. So a series of poor decisions, bullying, not reporting on sports, and a drip by drip realization from sports fans that ESPN blows.

Last thought... has anyone watched the Weather Channel lately... it turned from being a reliable, helpful station, to a station that discusses catastrophic weather events and tragedies... completely sucks, i can have it on 45 minutes and never get the forecast. MTV, The Weather Channel, and ESPN are three formerly good but now sucky stations.
Providence
billyjack

Postby itsmejpt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:17 pm

Cord cutting isn't the sole source of their woes, but it is a major problem when compounded with their relatively free wheeling style of bidding for rights and licences. Paying billions of dollars for long term deals to show various leagues' games isn't going to end well when you're also hemorrhaging subscribers. Good job outbidding the other guys, but now they've got to sleep in the bed they made.
Gyarrrr
itsmejpt

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board