X, B, and UD next season??

The home for Big East hoops

Re: X, B, and UD next season??

Postby Bluejay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:13 pm

This is the problem with rhyming names of schools! I can just hear some New Yorker say, "I can't remember the name of the tenth team...it sounds like...."
Bluejay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BillEsq » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 pm

Playing devils advocate it does make sense. X, B and D for 2013 and Slu and R for 2014. This was one of the rumored scenarios. While i personally think Creighton is in and I personally would prefer them in. It is still quite possible that they decision was that they were too far out to be included. The biggest thing against Creighton is that they were too far away. Second they were coming up from the MVC. While a nice midmajor conference it just simply isn't held to the same esteem as the A-10. The powers that be might have decided that it was too risky to take Creighton up so fast. Finally Dayton is in a major Fox Sports region. Because of this Fox may want to have a team that they are more familiar with and think that they can use to pair there new FS1 and FS2 to a local powerful Fox Ohio. So there are three plausible reasons why Creighton might get left out completely let alone in 2013.

That said i think every Bluejay fan out there knows that i would prefer Creighton in. I just would not be at all shocked if they do not get in and i think it is silly to thing that they are far from a given. All we have are rumors to go off of. At this point there is 0 guarantee that X or B are in. Just about every possible scenario has been rumored to be occurring. ESPN, CBS, the POST and Jersey Guy have all been wrong more times that not. Yes sooner or later one of these rumors is likely to be true. But don't be blind to the fact that your school might not get in.
BillEsq

Postby UD_Earl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYL0v9BnVYI

5-1 in the last 6 versus the mighty Warriors...errrr....Golden Eagles!

This never gets old.
UD_Earl

Postby yorost » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Congrats, but what does it have to do with this thread?
yorost

Postby UD_Earl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:25 pm

yorost wrote:Congrats, but what does it have to do with this thread?

Nothing! Just being a little giddy today. But it does play into the potential irony of "not Dayton" that we have repeatedly heard on this board - especially from Marquette fans. I do not get that. They were with us in the informal "Holy Alliance" in the mid 80s, then with us in the Mid Major MMC conference in the late 80's/early 90's. Then in the GMW again in the 90s. Now somehow we are very beneath them??? I find it funny. Especially since we generally beat them every time we play. I guess that was my round about point. Gosh, I hope we get in or this is serious egg on my face! UD Earl
UD_Earl

Postby yorost » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Marquette fans? I even pointed out, somewhere, Dayton has a level of respect because they've been a tough opponent in recent years. If you aren't invited I wouldn't mind home/home's every few years.
yorost

Postby UD_Earl » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:34 pm

yorost wrote:Marquette fans? I even pointed out, somewhere, Dayton has a level of respect because they've been a tough opponent in recent years. If you aren't invited I wouldn't mind home/home's every few years.

Yea, you're probably right! I am too locked into this. Very long time season ticket holder here. If we are asked to join - there probably wont be a league game that does not sell out at the Arena. Just hoping....
UD_Earl

Postby BillEsq » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:35 pm

UD_Earl wrote:
yorost wrote:Congrats, but what does it have to do with this thread?

Nothing! Just being a little giddy today. But it does play into the potential irony of "not Dayton" that we have repeatedly heard on this board - especially from Marquette fans. I do not get that. They were with us in the informal "Holy Alliance" in the mid 80s, then with us in the Mid Major MMC conference in the late 80's/early 90's. Then in the GMW again in the 90s. Now somehow we are very beneath them??? I find it funny. Especially since we generally beat them every time we play. I guess that was my round about point. Gosh, I hope we get in or this is serious egg on my face! UD Earl

UD the Great Midwest and the MCC conference were not midmajors. Plus there have only been a few X fans on here bashing Dayton. Yes some articles were published by writers who speculated that Dayton was being left out but these writers are not necessary highly regarded on this board. Also I do not recall any of them being written by a Marquette fan. That said i understand your "giddiness" about being mentioned, i imagine you swooning like an infatuated school girl at the sound of your name. In all seriousness i would not put much stake in any rumors whether they have Dayton in or out.

and yes i did just quote blackadder
BillEsq

Postby PMThor » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Nevermind.
Always remember that you are unique; just like everyone else
PMThor

Postby cm5yz6 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:29 pm

yulp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cm5yz6

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board