X, B, and UD next season??

The home for Big East hoops

Re: X, B, and UD next season??

Postby Flyer11 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Here is word from UD. Calling it 'speculation' by Robbins:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/co ... um=twitter

Actually says he just heard Dayton would be the last team in. And DO NOT ask me who edited that article.

Flyer11
Flyer11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Robbins is a very poor writer if that is what he was trying to convey in the original article...
Jet915

Postby ljay » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 pm

Andy Katz speaks...7-10 days. Same schools, same order.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=9049766&src=desktop
ljay

Postby admin » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Jet915 wrote:Robbins is a very poor writer if that is what he was trying to convey in the original article...

No kidding. The roller coaster for Creighton and Dayton fans on who will be joining next season has got to be driving people crazy.
admin
Site Admin

Postby jayelan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:29 pm

West Coast guy here who don't have a dog in this debate, but as an outsider can sure see where Dayton makes more sense joining Xavier and Butler for next year at least from a geographic issue. On the other hand I do think it could do Dayton some good to join in 2014 (assuming they are invited) to give Archie Miller another year to shore up his troops. I also can see where Richmond would be a great addition to the league. Could 13 teams make a good league, and if not who would the best 14th member be?
jayelan

Postby BillEsq » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:32 pm

jayelan wrote:West Coast guy here who don't have a dog in this debate, but as an outsider can sure see where Dayton makes more sense joining Xavier and Butler for next year at least from a geographic issue. On the other hand I do think it could do Dayton some good to join in 2014 (assuming they are invited) to give Archie Miller another year to shore up his troops. I also can see where Richmond would be a great addition to the league. Could 13 teams make a good league, and if not who would the best 14th member be?

probably not... 13 being an odd number gives you 1 team off each weekend and becomes a logistical nightmare. I dunno if we go to 14 maybe VCU if you want 2 teams in Richmond or St. Joes if you want two in philly. If you want different markets that brings up the Detroit, Duquesne and Sienna and i think everyone agrees that they just are not ready. I think the magic number is 12. (and there are still people demanding only 10)
BillEsq

Postby SpiderFan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Yeah I would say the article (this one from the trusted Katz) pretty much spells it out that we have little chance of being included. Oh well, at least I can minimize the message boards I have to follow.
SpiderFan

Postby Eight Legger » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:43 pm

Katz was the same one who reported a few weeks ago that Creighton was definitely the 10th team starting next year. None of these guys seem to know their asses from their elbows on this stuff and they're all just throwing crap against a wall.

I think we still have a decent chance. 7 midwestern schools out of 12 in the Big East? Something doesn't add up.
University of Richmond, Class of '98
Eight Legger

Postby Masterofreality » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Trust me Spider fans, it's not over yet. There is support for you from a few different quarters.

Not for next year, but time will tell.
Masterofreality

Postby jkc_dawgs » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 pm

@DavidWoods007 tweet this earlier today:
"Asked #Butler president James Danko tonight about Butler & Big East. Answer: "We're focused on a great A-10 tournament."
"I'm not coming out" -Rotnei Clarke

Go Dawgs
jkc_dawgs

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board