NCAA championship sites announced through 2022

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NCAA championship sites announced through 2022

Postby FriarJ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:20 am

milksteak wrote:Indy will host the 2021 Final Four and one of the 2020 Regionals (Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight).

Is Butler the host school for either of these? That would be great if they are. I assume yes?
FriarJ

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:25 am

FriarJ wrote:
milksteak wrote:Indy will host the 2021 Final Four and one of the 2020 Regionals (Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight).

Is Butler the host school for either of these? That would be great if they are. I assume yes?

actually it's bad if they are esp for the regional- as they wouldn't be allowed to play there. I believe IUPUI is the host for it, so they would be able to attend.
stever20

Postby milksteak » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:41 pm

FriarJ wrote:

Nope. IUPUI and the Horizon League are hosting it together I believe. IUPUI is in the Summit League for those of you wondering.

EDIT: I'm not sure why, but Butler never hosts games. There's gotta be a reason, but I don't know what it is.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby bmorex » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:05 pm

milksteak wrote:
FriarJ wrote:

Nope. IUPUI and the Horizon League are hosting it together I believe. IUPUI is in the Summit League for those of you wondering.

EDIT: I'm not sure why, but Butler never hosts games. There's gotta be a reason, but I don't know what it is.

Personally, I've never really understood the point of hosting games, especially since there are rules that might not allow you to play there as a home game in the tournament. I'm sure there's a reason for hosting, I just don't know it.
bmorex

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board