4 Year Conference Totals

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 4 Year Conference Totals

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:57 am

milksteak wrote:
FriarJ wrote:Will this be the year that a team knocks Nova off the top spot?

Potentially...especially now that there are rumors Brunson will not return.

If Brunson leaves...good chance. If he doesn't and Booth comes back close to 100%, look out. Booth, Brunson and DiVincenzo is top a 5 backcourt nationally IMO. Bridges and Paschall on wings is a lot of length and athleticism (with Top 50 frosh Samuels subbing in) and then Spellman with a year in the program under his belt. I think he'll have a similar impact as Patton did for CU last year.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:33 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
milksteak wrote:
FriarJ wrote:Will this be the year that a team knocks Nova off the top spot?

Potentially...especially now that there are rumors Brunson will not return.

If Brunson leaves...good chance. If he doesn't and Booth comes back close to 100%, look out. Booth, Brunson and DiVincenzo is top a 5 backcourt nationally IMO. Bridges and Paschall on wings is a lot of length and athleticism (with Top 50 frosh Samuels subbing in) and then Spellman with a year in the program under his belt. I think he'll have a similar impact as Patton did for CU last year.

Is Brunson really draftable?
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:43 am

In a point guard driven league- sure he is. And not sure how much higher he could get.
stever20

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:46 am

Jay can bring in JC and the 12 Disciples for all I care. This is FINALLY the year in which the Radnorites get dethroned. :lol: Enough already of the Kansas-esque, Gonzaga-esque - "Villanova and the dwarfs". This is the rough and tumble Big East, not the lowly WCC or lowly Big-12...enough. Where is Wragge? Get him or his little brother. ;)

Brunson should stay.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby FriarJ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:44 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Jay can bring in JC and the 12 Disciples for all I care. This is FINALLY the year in which the Radnorites get dethroned. :lol: Enough already of the Kansas-esque, Gonzaga-esque - "Villanova and the dwarfs". This is the rough and tumble Big East, not the lowly WCC or lowly Big-12...enough. Where is Wragge? Get him or his little brother. ;)

Brunson should stay.

True, Wragge and Gibbs could have broken the wrists of Nova's best shooters.
FriarJ

Postby xusandy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:39 pm

Dear Jaxalum,
I suggest you lay off the 151 rum. Try Bacardi Black or Gosling's, either with splash of Rose's Lime or 7-10 drops of bitters (my recommendation!) You'll see -- the lower proof stuff is very tasty, and it will enable you to watch an ENTIRE game in panic mode before passing out. Take it from the ole prof!
xusandy

Postby Doge McDermott » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:33 pm

FriarJ wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Jay can bring in JC and the 12 Disciples for all I care. This is FINALLY the year in which the Radnorites get dethroned. :lol: Enough already of the Kansas-esque, Gonzaga-esque - "Villanova and the dwarfs". This is the rough and tumble Big East, not the lowly WCC or lowly Big-12...enough. Where is Wragge? Get him or his little brother. ;)

Brunson should stay.

Not like they needed them to write essays for "class" anyways.
Doge McDermott

Postby FriarJ » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:07 pm

Doge McDermott wrote:
FriarJ wrote:

Brunson should stay.

Not like they needed them to write essays for "class" anyways.

Perfect!
FriarJ

Postby Novachap » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 am

Brunson confirmed today he is returning to Nova. Good move all the way around.
Novachap

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Brunson is a bright kid and a great player. Excellent move...the correct move.

Go 'Nova...Go Big East! ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board