Bluiett - Misdemeanor For Possession Of Pot In Indiana...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Xavier Player Arrested

Postby XU85 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:48 pm

But...driving 20mph over the speed limit while presumably high is a pretty big deal. Indiana pot laws are dumb as hell, but driving under the influence is inexcusable. Period.[/quote]

Why is he presumably high?[/quote]

The report says "a strong odor of marijuana was emitting from the Chevrolet Impala," so unless he had marijuana scented air freshener, it seems a logical conclusion. That being said, he was not charged with OVI.
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Re: Xavier Player Arrested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bluiett - Misdemeanor For Possession Of Pot In Indiana..

Postby xavierfano8 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:01 pm

I was thinking more he smelled of weed on his clothing, but I guess emitting would indicate that it was pretty apparent. Maybe he actually caught a big break then.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby XUFan09 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:40 pm

cu blujs wrote:75 in a 55 is not endangering anyone? It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of some people -- I have an ounce of pot on me and my car will reek of pot when I role the window down so let's see what I can do to get some cop's attention.

Maybe you've never been to that area. The 55 MPH speed limit is nonsense. However, that's exactly why it's stupid to speed there, especially when in possession. Cops are patrolling that stretch of road continuously to rack up ticket revenue.

Now, if he was under the influence, that is really bad and maybe he just got lucky that they didn't arrest him for that. It's also really likely, though, that the cops just smelled weed (a pretty awful stench) or feigned smelling weed in order to search his car. His possession then would be no different that a 20-year-old having a six-pack in his car. There just isn't enough information to determine where on the spectrum from hotboxing to simple possession he was, so I'm abstaining from making a judgment.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:15 pm

Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby FriarJ » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:33 pm

I seriously doubt he was high. It would have been more of a 35 in a 55.
FriarJ

Postby Toronto Rapture » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:50 pm

HoosierPal wrote:http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/xavier/2017/04/10/report-trevon-bluiett-arrested-hamilton-county-drug-charge/100306280/

Macura, Davis and now Bluiett, all in one year. Seems like Mack needs to get control of his players.

You've got to think that players have resources available to them through the schools to counsel them on matters like this (substance abuse, etc.) and promote healthy-law abiding lifestyles, and that some of this is common sense and players have to be able to weigh the risks and rewards and make the right decisions. Then again, kids will do stupid things and who knows what they have experienced in their past. Still, I find it a bit surprising that student athletes would engage in behavior that could have a bad affect on their collegiate (and maybe pro) career.

We're working towards legalizing up here and I'm trying to keep an open mind (though my gut reaction is to be opposed).
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board