Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Postby Gopher+RamFan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:26 pm

Seton Hall is apparently close to scheduling a Home and Home with VCU for 2017-2018
Gopher+RamFan
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 pm

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Postby gosports1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 pm

I haven't seen an official schedule but PC will have URI and BC for sure!
User avatar
gosports1
 
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Postby milksteak » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:56 am

Butler just announced the date for the Princeton game: Sunday, November 12th

They also announced the opener is against Kennesaw State on Friday, November 10th.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
User avatar
milksteak
 
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:32 am

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:35 am

Gopher+RamFan wrote:Seton Hall is apparently close to scheduling a Home and Home with VCU for 2017-2018


I heard likely SHU home game in 17. Haven't heard anything regarding 18 but a home and home is certainly logical.
Seton Hall Pirates
Hall2012
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:15 am

Seton Hall is also rumored to be working on a huge home and home starting next year. Downside is that the Pirates will be away in 17 and the opponent wants SHU's return "home" game to actually be at MSG.

SHU schedule so far (in no particular order):

NIT Campus Game
NIT Campus Game
Rhode Island (NIT)
Virginia/Vanderbilt (NIT)
Gavitt Game (should be home)
VCU
@Rutgers
St. Peter's
@Big Road Game
Seton Hall Pirates
Hall2012
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Postby Gopher+RamFan » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:50 am

Hall2012 wrote:Seton Hall is also rumored to be working on a huge home and home starting next year. Downside is that the Pirates will be away in 17 and the opponent wants SHU's return "home" game to actually be at MSG.


Sounds like Duke to me. Just since it might affect your RPI slightly, here's VCU's OOC schedule so far.

Texas (H) Hey Shaka
UVA (H)
Maui (N) LSU (Hey Will Wade), Chaminade, Wichita St., Notre Dame, Cal, Marquette, Michigan.
Maui (N)
Maui (N)
Seton Hall (A?)
VMI (H)
SMU (N)
Gopher+RamFan
 
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:18 pm

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:09 am

Gopher+RamFan wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:Seton Hall is also rumored to be working on a huge home and home starting next year. Downside is that the Pirates will be away in 17 and the opponent wants SHU's return "home" game to actually be at MSG.


Sounds like Duke to me. Just since it might affect your RPI slightly, here's VCU's OOC schedule so far.

Texas (H) Hey Shaka
UVA (H)
Maui (N) LSU (Hey Will Wade), Chaminade, Wichita St., Notre Dame, Cal, Marquette, Michigan.
Maui (N)
Maui (N)
Seton Hall (A?)
VMI (H)
SMU (N)


I would assume not Duke, they already have a home and home with St. John's set up for 17-18 to get into NYC, so I don't see the benefit to them of playing SHU as well. Unless they alternate home and away years between the two I guess.

And VCU's schedule looks brutal. Plenty of chances for impressive wins, but also plenty of chances to get beat. The A10 schedule should feel like a walk in the park after that.
Seton Hall Pirates
Hall2012
 
Posts: 1450
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:40 am

Jon Rothstein‏ @JonRothstein
Marquette will host American as part of its 2017-18 non-conference schedule, per a source.
User avatar
GoldenWarrior11
 
Posts: 794
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:20 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Postby billyjack » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:08 pm

I consolidated all of our schedules into the original Page 1 post of NJRedman's.
Providence
User avatar
billyjack
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2338
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:59 pm
Location: Providence

Re: Big East 2017-18 OOC Schedule

Postby stever20 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:19 pm

you can add some exempt tourney info...
Providence-
2 of Saint Louis, Va Tech, Washington
1 of Belmont, Detroit, Houston Baptist
Seattle
(2K classic)

Creighton-
2 of Baylor, UCLA, Wisconsin (CBE Hall of Fame)

St John's-
3 of Long Beach St, Marist, Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon St, UCF, West Virginia(Advocare)

DePaul
3 of CS Fullerton, Georgia, Harvard, St Joseph's, St Mary's, San Diego St, Washington St (Wooden Legacy)

Georgetown
3 of Arkansas, UConn, Duke, Florida, Gonzaga, Michigan St, UNC, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Oregon, Portland, Portland St, Stanford, Texas(Would add Portland St, Stanford, Texas as well to Butler)
stever20
 
Posts: 8035
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:43 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], NJRedman and 8 guests