2017-18 Big East Rankings

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2017-18 Big East Rankings

Postby jln » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:42 am

scoscox wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:
I think because Nova fans watch every minute of every game and see firsthand how much Bridges affects the game. Check the KenPom stats on Bridges...I believe he was top 5 in the conference in efficiency both offensively and defensively. Kid is a stud and with Hart gone fully expect him to take a larger role next to year.

Re: Baldwin vs Lovett, I just think Baldwin is the better all-around player. Plays both ends well. I think Lovett isn't there yet defensively.

Don't think there is much of a comparison between Thomas and Cain. Like Bridges take a look at KT's efficiency #s. Great player IMO. Cain is just a good player surrounded by meh so he stands out.

And regarding Cartwright, would not be surprised to see him 1st team All-BE. Baller.

Well he's only taking like 6 shots a game and half of them are dunks. His defense is great. He will be a good player, but I don't see his usage ever being dominant for Nova's offense. I mean Nova guys were telling me how he was better than Sumner last year, so I really only meant it in that context. I still think DiVincenzo will be far and away their primary scorer, followed by Brunson, Spellman, and Bridges.

Fair enough, Lovett was a much better offensive player though, both scoring and assisting. KT and Cain are pretty comparable KT is 116 + 99, Cain is 101 + 110 for ORtg and DRtg. Cain is a good player surrounded by meh and KT was a good player surrounded by good players. Both are still good players. Foster will still be their primary scorer next year, but Cain will be DePaul's focus.

Cartwright could very well make first team. It's tough to select between Brunson, Ponds, Carrington, and Lovett. I could comfortably exchange any of them

I don't really get how you can post those ratings for Thomas and Cain and conclude that they're comparable.
jln

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby scoscox » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:31 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Bridges only shot 6 times a game b/c Nova's first 3 options were Hart, Jenkins and Brunson. Also the kid shot 39% from 3 and is a great FT shooter, so it's not like all he can do is dunk. Add to that his being a spider on D.

I will concede that MB was not aggressive enough on O but I think you'll see Jay push him more into that role this year. Much like Hart was as a Frosh and Soph he just let the game come to him and wasn't as assertive as he could have been.

Nova fans who watch him all the time love him. He has all the tools. I guess we'll all see next year...

Likewise, I see him still being their third option at best next year.
scoscox

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board