Final Four

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Final Four

Postby DeltaV » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:02 pm

kayako wrote:Is it just me or does UNC benefit from bad calls more than other schools? I still can't get over the phantom travel call in Syracuse! But Gonzaga did get every conceivable break since the selection sunday. Hard to feel bad for them.

I'm still bitter about the travel call on Allen Ray in the Sweet 16 game vs. UNC at the Carrier Dome in 2005...
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:05 pm

NJRedman wrote:
MUPanther wrote:I never said they did. Yes, freedom of movement is not the goaltending, UNC block, etc. Never said it was!!!
I'm going by your quote of "Officiating in college ball has gotten to the point where the games are damn near unwatchable" Which is not true! YES, bad officiating is another thing.

Let's move on, I see we talking two different things, as you labeled in one brush in I see what you are talking about now.

Says who? Thats an opinion. Who are you to say it's not damn near unwatchable? Lots of people have been complaining about the officiating this year. Have you watched all the St. John's games? Many were FT shooting contests 8-9 minutes into each half. That to me is damn near unwatchable. Maybe you dig that, cool for you. Many other people like myself don't.

Agreed, lets move on.

maybe coaches need to teach players to abide by the freedom of movement initiatives instead of complaining when refs call the fouls they say they're going to call. It's like someone complaining that an area says they're going to start giving speeding tickets for folks going 5 miles over the speed limit, then acting shocked when they are going 6 miles over and they get pulled over.

The problem is you have some refs who refuse to abide by the new rules, and thus hurt the players. If you had 100% buy in from the refs, eventually the players would get the message.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:40 pm

NJRedman wrote:
MUPanther wrote:I never said they did. Yes, freedom of movement is not the goaltending, UNC block, etc. Never said it was!!!
I'm going by your quote of "Officiating in college ball has gotten to the point where the games are damn near unwatchable" Which is not true! YES, bad officiating is another thing.

Let's move on, I see we talking two different things, as you labeled in one brush in I see what you are talking about now.

Says who? Thats an opinion. Who are you to say it's not damn near unwatchable? Lots of people have been complaining about the officiating this year. Have you watched all the St. John's games? Many were FT shooting contests 8-9 minutes into each half. That to me is damn near unwatchable. Maybe you dig that, cool for you. Many other people like myself don't.

Agreed, lets move on.
No kidding it's an opinion. Just like your statement was. Lol.

To answer your question. No, I don't want to watch free-throws. Need the NIT rules, of fouls resting at the 10 minute mark. Listen, I think we agree more than you think on this. I just disagree with your statement as some of it has made the game better.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:45 pm

MUPanther wrote:
NJRedman wrote:

Agreed, lets move on.
No kidding it's an opinion. Just like your statement was. Lol.

To answer your question. No, I don't want to watch free-throws. Need the NIT rules, of fouls resting at the 10 minute mark. Listen, I think we agree more than you think on this. I just disagree with your statement as some of it has made the game better.

just looked- last 10 minutes of the game, there were 10 fouls called . 6 on Gonzaga(with 1 being last second foul on purpose) 4 on UNC. 2 were the same play. yeah I think that would have made a difference..
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:04 pm

It works well in the womens game. Seemed to work fine in NIT.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board