Musketeers Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Musketeers Review

Postby xusandy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:19 pm

Dunno why Mack wants another big. O'Mara and T. Jones are both capable returners. Ernst and K. Jones are coming in, and both will need a bit of playing time to become useful. I guess Kanter must be really good, or else Mack just can't say NO to senior transfers.
xusandy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:32 pm

xusandy wrote:Dunno why Mack wants another big. O'Mara and T. Jones are both capable returners. Ernst and K. Jones are coming in, and both will need a bit of playing time to become useful. I guess Kanter must be really good, or else Mack just can't say NO to senior transfers.

Yes. This gives us 5 big men. Unfortunately, it's likely Mack will now have to talk Big K or Ernst to go a different route. Not sure how I feel about that.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby JohnW22 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:34 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
xusandy wrote:Dunno why Mack wants another big. O'Mara and T. Jones are both capable returners. Ernst and K. Jones are coming in, and both will need a bit of playing time to become useful. I guess Kanter must be really good, or else Mack just can't say NO to senior transfers.

Yes. This gives us 5 big men. Unfortunately, it's likely Mack will now have to talk Big K or Ernst to go a different route. Not sure how I feel about that.

I'm thinking Ernst leaves, Big K redshirts and that puts the center rotation O'Mara, T Jones, and Kanter.
XU
JohnW22

Postby XU85 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:38 pm

JohnW22 wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:

I'm thinking Ernst leaves, Big K redshirts and that puts the center rotation O'Mara, T Jones, and Kanter.

I'm not sure why you think Ernst leaves, he's got 3 years of eligibility remaining. The way our bigs foul, you can never have too many!
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby OmahaGuy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Ernst is out!
OmahaGuy

Postby xavierfano8 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Busy couple days in the Xavier offseason! I'm happy with the Kanter pickup, but I hate when it forces another kid to look elsewhere. At least he left before he got here and can play right away.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby xusandy » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:54 am

So long as Kanter actually comes to X (i.e. does not get drafted or lured overseas by $$), then we seem to have upgraded. But of course a possible outcome here is that we lose Ernst for 3 years without getting Kanter for 1, and that could be a problem. Glass half full or half empty?
xusandy

Postby BEXU » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:13 am

Paul Scruggs with 16/5 and Naji Marshall with 18/7 in the Derby Festival All Star Classic in Louisville.
Jared Ridder is Missouri's Gatorade POY.
BEXU

Postby jaxalum » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:43 am

I have not been on the board for awhile but; CONGRATS TO THE FRIARS IN SNAGGING ASHTON-LANGFORD!!!!! That's a killer class you have coming in.

F#ck we need a 4 year Center sooner rather than later. You guys grabbed two. Uconn was heavy after our guy Scruggs, and it was a relief when AL chose UCONN/now a Friar.
------------------------------------------
Kanter will be at X.

I'm crushed that Ernst will not be coming. I realize these highlight/recruiting videos are essentially a marketing tool to make a kid look like a superstar. The link below is of Ernst, the kid who decomitted 20 minutes after Kanter verballed. It's the first video top right.

This Ernst kid looks impressive, and has a skill set none of our other bigs had. He could drive the lane, had range out to the arc, had great hops and was a fast riser. He also possessed a pretty refined inside game. I love my centers to first, possess a jump shot at least out to 12-15 ft, and a jump hook with both hands at least 6-8 feet. We have not had anyone that fits that description except Farr to a certain extent. I'll leave a link, as you never know. If he turns into a stud, Id rather it be in our league. IF you watch it, id be interested in some comments. I'd probably feel better if you said he is not even good enough to be your team manager. To me, it looks like he can do everything as a Center/4.

http://247sports.com/Player/Brady-Ernst-35019
Xavier
jaxalum

Postby BEhomer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:49 am

I thought he was a decent prospect overall. he looks like a big who can do a little bit of everything. Cons. not impressed with his foot speed and athleticism. I doubt those drives and blocks translate to the next level.

Kanter kid on the other end is much more advanced offensive player. I think it's a no-brainer that you grab a guy like Kanter. he is exactly what they need. they already have the grinder and rebounder in Omara and Jones. Kanter can add that extra dimension on offense.
BEhomer

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board