Musketeers Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Musketeers Review

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:10 am

xusandy wrote:What makes sense logically for adults does not necessarily make sense to kids in Ed Sumner's position. He might be doing the right thing for his future, and he might be doing the wrong thing. His best case scenario now seems to be hat an NBA team uses a low round 2 pick on him and pays for his rehab -- maybe even in Cincy so he can finish his degree at the same time. That's not too much of a logical stretch for me.

Anyway, thanks for the memories, Ed, and best wishes for a full recovery. But Gee, I guess now we might NOT be ranked in the pre-season top 20 next season, and now we'll have only 4 starters returning, joined by what looks like the best recruiting class in our history. In the words of Linda Ronstadt, "poor, poor pitiful me."

Big Linda Ronstadt fan here. I think of that young woman with the soulful eyes who could make a song come alive like no one else, and it saddens me every time I think of her ongoing battle with Parkinson's disease. I watched my father waste away battling Parkinson's, so I know what it looks like. Thanks for the songs, Linda.
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby JohnW22 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:12 am

Obviously a lot rides on Trevon's decision but I don't know what to think of this team next year. Lots of things that are big question marks and players who showed up in the tournament but not the regular season. Obviously the recruiting class is solid but it's hard to expect things out of freshman. I think Marshall and Scruggs are the only ones to expect things out of from day one and hope one or two more find there way into the rotation by the end of the year.
XU
JohnW22

Postby Dart87 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:50 am

xusandy wrote:What makes sense logically for adults does not necessarily make sense to kids in Ed Sumner's position. He might be doing the right thing for his future, and he might be doing the wrong thing. His best case scenario now seems to be hat an NBA team uses a low round 2 pick on him and pays for his rehab -- maybe even in Cincy so he can finish his degree at the same time. That's not too much of a logical stretch for me.

Anyway, thanks for the memories, Ed, and best wishes for a full recovery. But Gee, I guess now we might NOT be ranked in the pre-season top 20 next season, and now we'll have only 4 starters returning, joined by what looks like the best recruiting class in our history. In the words of Linda Ronstadt, "poor, poor pitiful me."

I too like some of Linda's stuff. But those "poor, poor, pitiful me" words are from none other than Warren Zevon (he wrote the song).

Not trying to be a jerk...I am a big Zevon fan!

And when thinking about next year's X team I am an Excitable Boy!
Dart87

Postby JohnW22 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:04 pm

Bluiett declares for the draft but won't sign an agent.
XU
JohnW22

Postby BEXU » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:26 pm

No surprise here. He can still come back or go play overseas. To be continued.....
BEXU

Postby BEXU » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:29 pm

JohnW22 wrote:Bluiett declares for the draft but won't sign an agent.

Got busted for having weed in Indy, so maybe he sticks around another year.
BEXU

Postby xusandy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:27 am

I don't think the NBA really cares whether Trevon got busted for pot. If anything, X might care a bit, since the incident (theoretically at least) tarnishes the image of the university. But as to whether he decides to go pro or return, I think this is a non-event. FWIW, if he goes pro, I expect it'll be overseas, as he's not generally regarded as a solid NBA draft pick.
xusandy

Postby OmahaGuy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:00 pm

Kerem Kanter of Green Bay will transfer to Xavier. A grad transfer who's eligible immediately. A good replacement for Gaston. 6'9 245 Turk. Brother of Enes Kanter.
OmahaGuy

Postby Jet915 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:30 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:Kerem Kanter of Green Bay will transfer to Xavier. A grad transfer who's eligible immediately. A good replacement for Gaston. 6'9 245 Turk. Brother of Enes Kanter.

Solid get.
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:36 pm

they say that Kanter still looks to go NBA- Xavier just a fall back option.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board