Musketeers Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Musketeers Review

Postby jaxalum » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:32 pm

BEhomer wrote:I thought he was a decent prospect overall. he looks like a big who can do a little bit of everything. Cons. not impressed with his foot speed and athleticism. I doubt those drives and blocks translate to the next level.

Kanter kid on the other end is much more advanced offensive player. I think it's a no-brainer that you grab a guy like Kanter. he is exactly what they need. they already have the grinder and rebounder in Omara and Jones. Kanter can add that extra dimension on offense.

Good points all around, and it does make me feeel a bit better. I really think they could have used him as a PF, and C as needed. He has a good handle for his size, and can shoot.

I understand why MAck went so aggressively after Kanter. I just wish we had HIM for 3 years. Imagine what Pegues along with our strength and training staff could do with him. He's the type we need to grab out of high school, but a 6'10 center with skill sets like that are gold.

IF you reread this BEHOMER, what's your call on Tre? stay or go?
Xavier
jaxalum

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEhomer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:26 am

I'm usually all for kids leaving early and entering NBA IF they are guaranteed in the 1st rd. Trey as I understand is a borderline 2nd rder. He has absolutely everything to gain by coming back.
BEhomer

Postby BEXU » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:34 pm

There's a ton of depth on this team. We could have the whole starting lineup back from the Elite Eight run, plus maybe our best recruiting class EVER. Paul Scruggs, is BE ready and voted the "best defender" in the 2017 class. Mack will love that. Naji Marshall can play the 1-4 if needed, Ridder is said to be an excellent 3 point shooter (taller JP type) and we still have a 4 star SG in Elias Hardin. Tyrique Jones and Quentin Goodin will be much be much more comfortable in their roles, and we have JP for tough senior leadership. Gates finally showed us his stuff in the Dance, and just needs to play with that confidence next year.
X will be a tough out next year if just half the recruits live up to expectations. Plus, we are going to continue the success of the program for a long, long time.
BEXU

Postby xusandy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:46 pm

Shh, BEXU, maybe nobody but you and me has figured out that X is L-O-A-D-E-D and ready to shoot some Wildcats who might get in our way. If Trevon returns, we just might be a top 5 team. My only concern is that we have a LOT of new players to sift through and work into the rotation.
xusandy

Postby JohnW22 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Bluietts back!
XU
JohnW22

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue May 23, 2017 7:00 pm

JohnW22 wrote:Bluietts back!

Delgado and now Bluiett. League will have some star power next year. Gotta think both of those guys along with Brunson should get some preseason AA love. What's up with ES?
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby scoscox » Tue May 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Hired an agent.
scoscox

Postby JohnW22 » Tue May 23, 2017 8:42 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:

Delgado and now Bluiett. League will have some star power next year. Gotta think both of those guys along with Brunson should get some preseason AA love. What's up with ES?

Hired an agent a long time ago. Apparently he wouldn't be able to play until late January because he also needs shoulder surgery so he thought it was best to leave. Said if he could be back by December he would have stayed but that's easy to say.
XU
JohnW22

Postby XUFan09 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:34 am

JohnW22 wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:

Hired an agent a long time ago. Apparently he wouldn't be able to play until late January because he also needs shoulder surgery so he thought it was best to leave. Said if he could be back by December he would have stayed but that's easy to say.

And late January was the best prognosis. It's easy to say because he actually was likely planning on coming back until he received this updated prognosis.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board