Bulldogs Review

The home for Big East hoops

Bulldogs Review

Postby OmahaGuy » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Heckuva season for the Dawgs! Let's review!

Losing:
*Tyler Lewis
*Andrew Chrabascz (tip of the hat to him. He had a phenomenal 4 years at Butler)
*Kethan Savage
*Avery Woodson

Keeping:
*Tyler Wideman
*Kelan Martin
*Nate Fowler
*Kamar Baldwin
*Sean McDermott

Getting:
*Paul Jorgensen (Transfer from George Washington)
*Kyle Young (6'7 210 from Massillon, OH. Seems like a good pickup. Had offers from Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, Clemson, Purdue, Illinois, Wisconsin, NC State, West Virginia, Florida, and Northwester)
*Cooper Neese (6'4 175 from Cloverdale, IN. Was only offered by small mid-majors per VC)
*Christian David (6'7 200 from Canada. Big pickup! My Jays really wanted him. So did Oregon, Miami, Pitt, Illinois, Baylor, Providence, DePaul, Texas Tech, Florida, Virginia Tech, and Seton Hall)
*Jerald Butler (Butler at......Butler! 6'4 210 from Hollywood, FL. Only major schools to offer him were Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, TCU, and Temple)

Butler should be a good team next season. I really like what I see in Baldwin. Martin could very well end up in the NBA. I don't see him leaving early but you never know.
OmahaGuy

Bulldogs Review

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bulldogs Review

Postby BEhomer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Butler returns a lot next year. Henry Baddley saw some action too and he looks like a good prospect as well. and they get back redshirt freshman Brunk.

Cooper Neese is a sharp shooter I would keep an eye on. and Jerald Butler looks like Roosevelt Jones clone with an outside jumper.

I like the recruiting balance they have. good mix of upperclassmen and underclassmen as well as depth at each position.
BEhomer

Postby Edrick » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:00 pm

Cooper Neese committed to Butler back in 2015. He committed before really anyone his class were getting seriously recruited. He finished his high school career 7th in Indiana scoring history and will compete in the three point competition at the Final Four. He is arguably the best shooter in the country. Hes a Top 50 guy under any normal sort of recruiting situation. He's going to score a ton of points.

Essentially, he's Kellen Dunham with + athleticism (instead of it being a limitation)

Last edited by Edrick on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edrick

Postby kmacker69 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:19 pm

It's a long and athletic class, with a bruiser that can handel the ball and a sharpshooter... Offensively we will be better, but can the new guys pick up the Defense? That is the big question...
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby Nildogg » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:34 pm

I know he isnt and wont, but given Brunk's likely hardship red shirt, he could be considered part of this incomming class - and given his year to practice with the team and already high status, would push this class up even higher (if his rating could be included)
Nildogg

Postby Edrick » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:35 am

You can actually kind of do that. Joey Brunk was 107th in the 2016 class. If you go to the 2017 class, conviently, the 107th rated player is also a 4-star center named Kevin Samuel. If you add Kevin Samuel to Butler's presently 20th rated class, the score moves to 58.15, which would be 14th.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... amRankings
Edrick

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:50 am

Edrick wrote:You can actually kind of do that. Joey Brunk was 107th in the 2016 class. If you go to the 2017 class, conviently, the 107th rated player is also a 4-star center named Kevin Samuel. If you add Kevin Samuel to Butler's presently 20th rated class, the score moves to 58.15, which would be 14th.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basket ... amRankings

X, Butler and Creighton in the top 3 for the Big East....
Jet915

Postby BEhomer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:59 am

there really needs to be a ranking taking into account redshirt guys and transfer players. incoming freshman class alone doesn't tell the whole story.
BEhomer

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board