Postby Xudash » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:52 pm

XAVIER
Xudash

NCAA E8: XAVIER v Gonzaga

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA E8: XAVIER v Gonzaga

Postby JohnW22 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:02 pm

The fact that Xavier plays tomorrow is amazing. I remember leaving the Marquette game early(we never leave a game early) after probably over a thousand fans left early already. Walking out listening to everybody booing this team. Our friend stayed till the end and we sit at the very top and said you could hear Wojo coaching it was that silent when nobody was booing then listening to the press conference and seeing the frustration from Bernard. To think that wasn't even a month ago but feels like an eternity ago. Now Xavier is one game from the final 4 after beating the coach that said he left Xavier so he could get to the Final 4. I don't think Xavier wins but I don't see it as an impossible challenge. Hopefully Xavier can break through to that Final 4.
XU
JohnW22

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:24 am

Hey man. At this point how do you dare pick against Xavier. They pulled three upsets to get to E8 and you think they wont win tomorrow. Lets be optimistic. Xavier is cutting down the nets tomorrow and gets the first F4!!
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby BEXU » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:28 am

Zags favored by 8. AZ was favored by 7 and FSU 7.5.
BEXU

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:38 am

I honestly think XU is playing better than Gonzaga. Give me the points. Let's go X!
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Bill Marsh » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:29 am

Omaha1 wrote:I honestly think XU is playing better than Gonzaga. Give me the points. Let's go X!

Team Rankings supports your view. They rank Xavier 5th in the country (21.9) on their "last 5" power rating and Gonzaga 10th (20.8). Based only on that measure, Xavier would be favored by a point.

We all know that Xavier is a better teMthan what they showed during their slump. The only question was how long it would take for them to figure out how to play without Sumner once they got Bliuett healthy. It looked like that could have been next season. But clearly they have figured it out and now they are a far tougher opponent than their seed otherwise indicates.
Bill Marsh

Postby Vill » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Good luck tonight. Just the way everyone supported us last year, I'm fully behind XU now.
Vill

Postby DanofXav76 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:08 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:I honestly think XU is playing better than Gonzaga. Give me the points. Let's go X!

Team Rankings supports your view. They rank Xavier 5th in the country (21.9) on their "last 5" power rating and Gonzaga 10th (20.8). Based only on that measure, Xavier would be favored by a point.

We all know that Xavier is a better teMthan what they showed during their slump. The only question was how long it would take for them to figure out how to play without Sumner once they got Bliuett healthy. It looked like that could have been next season. But clearly they have figured it out and now they are a far tougher opponent than their seed otherwise indicates.

No bigger X fan than right here, but I've given up trying to figure out how these games will play out. Doing my best to sit back and enjoy the ride. I do take heart when my absolute favorite poster, Bill Marsh, likes our chances (and who is rooting for us). Bill's analysis of the Nova/UNC Championship game last season was right on the money, light years ahead of the TV talking heads who had the Tar Heels penciled in as Champions. Oh that and his karma from being a high school classmate of Pete Gillen doesn't hurt any either :) Go X!!!!!!!!
DanofXav76

Postby REDMEN1415 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Go X.
Would be great to have a B.E. team repping in the F4 again.
REDMEN1415

Postby sju88grad » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:15 pm

Good luck X!!! Ready for the next Big East team to go all the way!
sju88grad

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board