Transfer thread

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Transfer thread

Postby SJHooper » Fri May 05, 2017 7:15 am

Would be nice if St. John's could get ONE grad transfer big. Something is seriously wrong...plenty of PT, a team ready to win next year, MSG, NYC, Big East, national TV, and we can't find ONE? Our recruiting recently has to be a D at best. I assumed at the very least in addition to Clark, we'd easily get 1 more grad transfer big if not 2. Turns out we couldn't get any. To be a successful program we need solid recruiting every cycle, not just 1 good class every few years. By the way, this failure juxtaposed with Matt A strong-arming his way to a raise just makes me cringe. The guy got a raise before proving anything. What a gig. With more BS like this, it just continues our irrelevance on the national scene.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hoyahooligan » Fri May 05, 2017 8:54 am

SJHooper wrote:Would be nice if St. John's could get ONE grad transfer big. Something is seriously wrong...plenty of PT, a team ready to win next year, MSG, NYC, Big East, national TV, and we can't find ONE? Our recruiting recently has to be a D at best. I assumed at the very least in addition to Clark, we'd easily get 1 more grad transfer big if not 2. Turns out we couldn't get any. To be a successful program we need solid recruiting every cycle, not just 1 good class every few years. By the way, this failure juxtaposed with Matt A strong-arming his way to a raise just makes me cringe. The guy got a raise before proving anything. What a gig. With more BS like this, it just continues our irrelevance on the national scene.

There are still plenty of decent big men out there on the transfer market that St. John's could make a push for.
hoyahooligan

Postby HoosierPal » Fri May 05, 2017 10:59 am

hoyahooligan wrote:
SJHooper wrote:Would be nice if St. John's could get ONE grad transfer big. Something is seriously wrong...plenty of PT, a team ready to win next year, MSG, NYC, Big East, national TV, and we can't find ONE? Our recruiting recently has to be a D at best. I assumed at the very least in addition to Clark, we'd easily get 1 more grad transfer big if not 2. Turns out we couldn't get any. To be a successful program we need solid recruiting every cycle, not just 1 good class every few years. By the way, this failure juxtaposed with Matt A strong-arming his way to a raise just makes me cringe. The guy got a raise before proving anything. What a gig. With more BS like this, it just continues our irrelevance on the national scene.

There are still plenty of decent big men out there on the transfer market that St. John's could make a push for.

There are three immediately eligible listed Centers still available on the transfer list.

Atewe, 6'8" 240 lb from Washington
Griciunas, 7'0" 233 lb from Charlotte
Rooks, 7'0" 250 lb from Cal.

None of these are game changers. Plenty of PF still out there.
HoosierPal

Postby HoosierPal » Fri May 05, 2017 11:00 am

HoosierPal wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:

There are three immediately eligible listed Centers still available on the transfer list.

Atewe, 6'8" 240 lb from Washington
Griciunas, 7'0" 233 lb from Charlotte
Rooks, 7'0" 250 lb from Cal.

Rooks would be serviceable, but he won't be none of these are game changers.

Plenty of PF still out there.
HoosierPal

Postby billyjack » Mon May 08, 2017 1:25 pm

DePaul signed a 5th year transfer from Northern Illinois, a 6-11 center named Marin Maric.

Last year had 13 double-doubles. Over his last 6 games of season, shot 42-57 from the floor, 73%, averaged 19.6 in those games, with 11 boards.

It's only Northern Illinois, but the biggest key is that he can start in place on Joe Hanel, the 6-7 walk-on. Huge upgrade numbers-wise at center.
Providence
billyjack

Postby BEXU » Sat May 13, 2017 12:59 pm

After the addition of Karem Kanter for 1 year, Mack is still looking for a transfer who can sit and add experience to his frosh class coming in. Always thinking ahead:

"Ideally, it would be great if we could get a transfer that could sit out, sort of balance the classes depending on what year that kid would be -- whether it’s a kid that would sit one and play one like RaShid, whether it’s a kid that would sit one and play two like Remy Abell. Just to maybe balance our classes a little bit and not necessarily have five freshmen. We’re always looking. With the landscape of transfers out there, it’s a possibility. We will not add another graduate transfer but we would like to add a transfer that sits out this coming year and that would give us a little bit more experience when he’s eligible."
BEXU

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board