Syracuse fans really despise the ACC

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Syracuse fans really despise the ACC

Postby SJHooper » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:23 am

I think UConn and Cuse just assumed that they'd still have wild success no matter where they went. They are now realizing that conference affiliation has a huge impact on success and relevance.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:03 am

gtmoBlue wrote:I would welcome S'cuse and UConn back as members, along with the "Saints" Bonnie and Louis. A 14 team BE would get 6-8 teams on the dance regularly. Perhaps S'cuse n UConn would bounce back as top tier teams in short order to bolster the leagues perception as a top conference. The Robinites will have circle up after 2 or more teams sign up...oh well - no great loss as the robinites can watch KU & the little 9.

Hell if we're going pie in the sky here let me tell you my never gonna happen fantasy.

We add BC, Cuse, Wake, Duke, Vandy & Notre Dame. A 16 team private school conference that dominates from the mid atlantic to the mid west.
NJRedman

Postby Doge McDermott » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:15 am

NJRedman wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:I would welcome S'cuse and UConn back as members, along with the "Saints" Bonnie and Louis. A 14 team BE would get 6-8 teams on the dance regularly. Perhaps S'cuse n UConn would bounce back as top tier teams in short order to bolster the leagues perception as a top conference. The Robinites will have circle up after 2 or more teams sign up...oh well - no great loss as the robinites can watch KU & the little 9.

Hell if we're going pie in the sky here let me tell you my never gonna happen fantasy.

We add BC, Cuse, Wake, Duke, Vandy & Notre Dame. A 16 team private school conference that dominates from the mid atlantic to the mid west.

Drink deeply from the gtmo kool-aid. Soon you'll be dreaming of CU Nattys and 4 Big East teams in the F4 every year, too.

FWIW, I ran into some UConn fans when I took my kids to Disney World. They were pretty sad about the AAC and would drop football in a heartbeat to come back to us. Called it a colossal waste of money that still hasn't paid off.
Doge McDermott

Postby gosports1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:55 pm

NJRedman wrote:

those 6 could form a FB only league with Tulane, Northwestern and Rice/SMU. :lol:
gosports1

Postby ecasadoSBU » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:34 pm

How can you Put UConn/Syracuse in the same sentence as Bonnies/Louis... that just sounds wrong... there is no way Bonnies and St. Louis belong in this conference right now. That would a major step down...
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board