Wildcats Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Wildcats Review

Postby NJRedman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:22 am

Off topic but while I was sitting in traffic yesterday on the 101 in LA coming home from work I heard a commercial for Westinghouse TV's starring none other than Ryan Arcidiacano! hahaha

It was talking about the tournament pushing TV's. Nothing special just funny.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby anXUfan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:21 pm

I have zero doubt that Nova will be great again next season.
anXUfan

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:00 am

BEhomer wrote:man how spoiled are nova fans when they get offended by someone calling them a tourny team. phil booth is a question mark. i like spellman but he has not played a single college game. even if they play all the freshmen that's still 7 8 man rotation.

potential is there but too many question marks.

Don't think it is a matter of being spoiled or offended, but I can't see how Nova is not a Top 10 preseason team if they don't have anyone leave early. They replace Reynolds with a stud 5* who had a season to get in shape and learn the system. Look no further than Justin Patton to see what a talented young big man can do for a team right away. Then you add in a returning Cousy Award finalist in Brunson, a developing Bridges who many scouts feel is a pro, and two very athletic players who really started to show their abilities as the season progressed in DiVincenzo and Paschall, and you've got a pretty tough starting 5. If Booth returns in good health they are going to be a load. If we get anything from Samuels or Painter or the other two freshmen and we'll have more depth than this year.

The crown will be hard to take from the BE King's head in '17-'18.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby jfan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:34 am

I really think that Nova has a chance to be better next year. There are two intangibles, how everyone fits together and how do you replace Josh Hart, but the talent is there for a top 10 team. I think we will have 3 teams rated top 25 preseason next year. Nova, X and Butler. Maybe 4 if Patton returns to Creighton. We will have 4 other teams with a chance for top 25 depending on Non-conference, Creighton, PC, MU and Seton Hall. St. Johns has a shot if their talent keeps improving. Georgetown is in transition and DePaul...well, you know. I think the league will be even better next year, but Nova is still king!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby BEhomer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:43 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
BEhomer wrote:man how spoiled are nova fans when they get offended by someone calling them a tourny team. phil booth is a question mark. i like spellman but he has not played a single college game. even if they play all the freshmen that's still 7 8 man rotation.

potential is there but too many question marks.

Don't think it is a matter of being spoiled or offended, but I can't see how Nova is not a Top 10 preseason team if they don't have anyone leave early. They replace Reynolds with a stud 5* who had a season to get in shape and learn the system. Look no further than Justin Patton to see what a talented young big man can do for a team right away. Then you add in a returning Cousy Award finalist in Brunson, a developing Bridges who many scouts feel is a pro, and two very athletic players who really started to show their abilities as the season progressed in DiVincenzo and Paschall, and you've got a pretty tough starting 5. If Booth returns in good health they are going to be a load. If we get anything from Samuels or Painter or the other two freshmen and we'll have more depth than this year.

The crown will be hard to take from the BE King's head in '17-'18.

Like I said, potential is there. I think Brunson is the best PG in college. and if Booth is back 100%, Brunson-Booth-Divincenzo is as good as any. you add Spellman and DCR along with Painter in the front and Nova can even go 'gulp' big at times. Lot of possibilities to look forward to. It will be a fun year.

I just learned over the years not to get too excited about the newcomers. Just ask Hoya fans about their 14 class.
BEhomer

Postby chopper » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:04 pm

kayako wrote:
OmahaGuy wrote:I don't think the Cats will be as good next season as they were this year.

Losing Josh hurts, but Kris Jenkins was a zero this season.

A zero? Wow you were probably fun as a kid on Christmas.
chopper

Postby cu blujs » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:41 am

while I was sitting in traffic yesterday on the 101 in LA coming home from work

On a side note, how you guys don't go absolutely apesh*t by the time you are 35 in that traffic is beyond me. Been out there a number of times for work over the past years and I swear I would be in prison or dead by now if I drove bumper to bumper stop and go for hours each day. Drove one day from Newport Beach to Temecula in the middle of the afternoon. it's about 75 miles. Took two and a half hours. About 10 miles of it was above 50 mph. Most of it was anywhere from 0-25 mph on the freeway. I will take my 20 minute, 17 mile commute all day long.
cu blujs

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:57 pm

cu blujs wrote:
while I was sitting in traffic yesterday on the 101 in LA coming home from work

On a side note, how you guys don't go absolutely apesh*t by the time you are 35 in that traffic is beyond me. Been out there a number of times for work over the past years and I swear I would be in prison or dead by now if I drove bumper to bumper stop and go for hours each day. Drove one day from Newport Beach to Temecula in the middle of the afternoon. it's about 75 miles. Took two and a half hours. About 10 miles of it was above 50 mph. Most of it was anywhere from 0-25 mph on the freeway. I will take my 20 minute, 17 mile commute all day long.

Haha, I live in California and I hear you. I actually live in the Temecula area and work there. I couldn't stand living in traffic in OC or LA.
Jet915

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:13 pm

BEHomer, you can call me spoiled but you do realize Villanova was playing basically the whole year without 2 starters in Spellman and Booth, and we were also playing basically the whole year with a very LIMITED front court and a 7 man rotation. I mean if you think all we have is "potential" next year IF everybody returns, than maybe you should just kinda skip this thread and comment on other. I am not saying we are a Final Four team, but to even question us making the tournament doesn't speak volumes about your hoops knowledge. Respectfully. Not spoiled, just stating the facts.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board