Best Big East Coach Hands Down Is....

The home for Big East hoops

Postby redmen9194 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:34 pm

...Chris Mack. The guy has his team up to play all the time. Gets his teams to play hard through adversity, and always gets them to over achieve. I hope he stays in the league because he is really one of the best out there.
redmen9194

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Best Big East Coach Hands Down Is....

Postby slysyl » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:34 pm

I'll second that X has good coaching.
Go Xavier.
slysyl

Postby anXUfan » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Lots of great coaches in the Big East, but I'm definitely happy with Chris Mack!
anXUfan

Postby Schickrateez » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:45 pm

As a Xavier fan, and a huge fan of Chris Mack, I appreciate your statement/opinion. But, as much as I like Mack I'm not quite ready to say he's "the best" in the Big East. I'd definitely say he's "among the best", but as long as Jay Wright and his National Championship is in the league, it's hard for me to give the nod to anyone else. The good thing is that we've got some really good coaches in the league, and we can have the discussion about who is "the best".
Schickrateez

Postby DeltaV » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:23 pm

After that fart, I'm not going to pimp Jay too much...I'll just keep mty mouth shut.

I do have a lot of respect for Cooley. I feel he does a lot in a small space, and without the caliber of names that some other schools get. He's had a little bit of a letdown with teams in the tourney (I think his teams could have done better at times), but I think he's just a few lucky rolls away from making a serious name for himself one of these years.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby BEXU » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:31 pm

There was a point in the 2nd Marq. game when I thought these guys had given up. No Myles, No Ed and no Tre=No wins. Boy was I wrong. Obviously, Mack somehow lit a fire under them and got them to believe. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET 16 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BEXU

Postby kayako » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:02 pm

We have some great coaches. I just wish Jay had the guts to bench Jenkins like Holtmann did with Martin.
supernova
kayako

Postby JayPak » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:25 am

Don't forget Holtmann. Brad Stevens II.
"When you lose a program like Creighton, there's no sugarcoating it," Valley Commissioner Doug Elgin said. "It's a devastating loss. They're going to go on and have success in the league they've joined." Yahoo Sports, October 10, 2013.
JayPak

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:31 pm

JayPak wrote:Don't forget Holtmann. Brad Stevens II.

When. He pulls off an upset of North Carolina, people will start to pay attention. 8-)
Bill Marsh

Return to Big East basketball message board