Yes
11%
No
89%

Total votes : 73

Re: Add Dayton and VCU

Postby DeltaV » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:17 pm

Xudash wrote:
DeltaV wrote:Expansion I would think would work... The 13 team conference I've heard mentioned. 6 home and away, 6 once. 3 permanent rivals, other three rotate.

Add Dayton (because we all need that annoying little brother), St Louis (so DePaul isn't the bottom team anymore), and Davidson (because f--- the ACC). Keep it private.

If that happens, you and Villanova can take charge of babysitting the Cryer fans. And good luck with that.

I work with one...he's a good guy. I think he's always afraid I'm going make him chug a beer or something...or my dog is going to eat his dog. He has a pug...seriously, my dog has had larger bowel movements than his dog. He's also like 3 inches taller than me, and probably 30 pounds lighter, and I'm in decent shape; he's a goddamn twig.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:17 pm

kayako wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:Can't speak for Marquette as I missed their game, but for Seton Hall I'd say no. They had little to no trouble with the press. They lost because of 2 things that really have been issues frequently this year. 1. Poor shooting and 2. Carelessness with the ball in the front court. It wasn't anything Arkansas did.

We're 0-3 in nail-biters, so it's probably frustration in me speaking, looking for some kind of conference deficiency. Probably same with OP. But I do want to see a real physical pressing team in the league, as we don't have any.

I think we can only stand to benefit from increased competition.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Xudash » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:19 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
Xudash wrote:I can virtually assure you there isn't one person in a decision-making capacity for the Big East that thinks the way you do about the conference's size or the need to expand now, based on what is available now.

How can you virtually assure me that? Do you have contacts in the AD's offices?

I'll leave it up to you to ponder that one, since I just virtually assured you of it.

More to the point, Val is on record and that isn't just noise on the wire.

With that noted, by all means, keep posting about all this. The Big East leadership is frustrated beyond belief with all our failures since coming together.

Addendum: we'll benefit from increased competition as St. Johns continues to come back, Georgetown rights itself and DePaul eventually gets a clue.
Last edited by Xudash on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby kayako » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:20 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
Schickrateez wrote:WSU should be considered. Our challenge is to stay relevant in a P5 vs everyone else world. We need more good programs in order to do that. If only Gonzaga and St. Mary's were a bit more east.

St. Mary's plays in a HS gym. Gonzaga is very questionable to begin with, but going after St. Mary's reeks desperation. After uconn, our options are A10 teams
supernova
kayako

Postby kayako » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:22 pm

DudeAnon wrote:I think we can only stand to benefit from increased competition.

Yeah, I agree with that. I think some of the posters have the classic last-person-in mentality. They want to shut the door behind them.
supernova
kayako

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:26 pm

kayako wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:I think we can only stand to benefit from increased competition.

Yeah, I agree with that. I think some of the posters have the classic last-person-in mentality. They want to shut the door behind them.

Couldn't agree more.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby redmen9194 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:47 pm

No expansion. We have a tight, strong league with great rivalries developing. We have great ooc schedules that push our RPI up. No one else need apply.
redmen9194

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:03 pm

redmen9194 wrote:No expansion. We have a tight, strong league with great rivalries developing. We have great ooc schedules that push our RPI up. No one else need apply.

+1000000
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Hall2012 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:26 pm

Schickrateez wrote:
Well, since considering VCU woulld open the public school box, why wouldn't Wichita State be considered? It's pretty clear they are looking to upgrade their conference and they would move the needle as much (if not more) than VCU or UD. That being said, no offense to any of the schools mentioned above, I still think staying at 10 is the best option for now.

Because we care about academics and they make WVU look like Harvard?
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:46 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
Schickrateez wrote:
Well, since considering VCU woulld open the public school box, why wouldn't Wichita State be considered? It's pretty clear they are looking to upgrade their conference and they would move the needle as much (if not more) than VCU or UD. That being said, no offense to any of the schools mentioned above, I still think staying at 10 is the best option for now.

Because we care about academics and they make WVU look like Harvard?

This exactly. These schools will always be available, what's the rush?
Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board