Add Dayton and VCU

Yes
11%
No
89%

Total votes : 73

Re: Add Dayton and VCU

Postby JohnW22 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:18 pm

If you are mad about teams losing in the first round just remember Dayton and VCU would just add 2 more to the list of losing in the first round. Other than 1 run each what have they done in the tournament in the past 10 years.
XU
JohnW22

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:20 pm

Xudash wrote:I can virtually assure you there isn't one person in a decision-making capacity for the Big East that thinks the way you do about the conference's size or the need to expand now, based on what is available now.

How can you virtually assure me that? Do you have contacts in the AD's offices?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby kayako » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:29 pm

DudeAnon wrote:That is a great point. I also think that might point towards the round-robin being a net negative. By the end of the season coach's have no more playstyles to confront.

It makes sense with a 10 team league. But it shouldn't be the reason to not expand.
supernova
kayako

Postby Hall2012 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:53 pm

kayako wrote:Would it have helped Seton Hall and Marquette yesterday if they had seen VCU's press twice? Not advocating anything, but it helps to have variety.

Can't speak for Marquette as I missed their game, but for Seton Hall I'd say no. They had little to no trouble with the press. They lost because of 2 things that really have been issues frequently this year. 1. Poor shooting and 2. Carelessness with the ball in the front court. It wasn't anything Arkansas did.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Schickrateez » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:06 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
Xudash wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:Add Dayton and VCU

Bad timing and stupid idea. 7/10 teams make it and you think expansion is a valid topic? And on the first weekend of he Tournament? Just dumb.

In fact, you just convinced me that you are a Dayton fan masquerading as a Xavier fan.

You must be new here if you think I am a Dayton fan. I just believe now that the conference is too small and those are the 2 best programs available.

Well, since considering VCU woulld open the public school box, why wouldn't Wichita State be considered? It's pretty clear they are looking to upgrade their conference and they would move the needle as much (if not more) than VCU or UD. That being said, no offense to any of the schools mentioned above, I still think staying at 10 is the best option for now.
Schickrateez

Postby Edrick » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:09 pm

No
Edrick

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Schickrateez wrote:Well, since considering VCU woulld open the public school box, why wouldn't Wichita State be considered? It's pretty clear they are looking to upgrade their conference and they would move the needle as much (if not more) than VCU or UD. That being said, no offense to any of the schools mentioned above, I still think staying at 10 is the best option for now.

WSU should be considered. Our challenge is to stay relevant in a P5 vs everyone else world. We need more good programs in order to do that. If only Gonzaga and St. Mary's were a bit more east.
Last edited by DudeAnon on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby kayako » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Hall2012 wrote:Can't speak for Marquette as I missed their game, but for Seton Hall I'd say no. They had little to no trouble with the press. They lost because of 2 things that really have been issues frequently this year. 1. Poor shooting and 2. Carelessness with the ball in the front court. It wasn't anything Arkansas did.

We're 0-3 in nail-biters, so it's probably frustration in me speaking, looking for some kind of conference deficiency. Probably same with OP. But I do want to see a real physical pressing team in the league, as we don't have any.
supernova
kayako

Postby Xudash » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:13 pm

DeltaV wrote:Expansion I would think would work... The 13 team conference I've heard mentioned. 6 home and away, 6 once. 3 permanent rivals, other three rotate.

Add Dayton (because we all need that annoying little brother), St Louis (so DePaul isn't the bottom team anymore), and Davidson (because f--- the ACC). Keep it private.

If that happens, you and Villanova can take charge of babysitting the Cryer fans. And good luck with that.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby BEXU » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Please, not another 4 yrs. of this crap. Nei :lol: ther one remotely qualifies.
BEXU

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board