Golden Eagles Review

The home for Big East hoops

Golden Eagles Review

Postby OmahaGuy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:44 am

Cheer up, Marquette fans! Your squad had an impressive year. Certainly exceeded my expectations. I did not expect an NCAA tourney appearance but that's what happened. Good to see Marquette back there after being out for awhile. Anyways, what do they have to look forward to?

Losing:
*JaJuan Johnson
*Katin Reinhardt
*Luke Fischer
**Those are 3 good players that they're losing.

Keeping:
*Duane Wilson
*Andrew Rowsey
*Matt Heldt
*Haanif Cheatham
*Sam Hauser
*Markus Howard

Getting:
*Sacar Anim (He's actually been on the team for awhile he just took a RS year this season)
*Harry Froling (Midyear transfer, correct?? 6'11 260 big man who came from SMU)
*Ikechukwu Eke (6'9 220 from Nigeria. (Had other offers from UIC, Oakland, and Pitt)
*Theo John (6'9 225 from Champlin, MN. Seems like a great get. Had offers from Cal, Nevada, Maryland, Purdue, Florida, DePaul, Memphis, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Texas Tech, Illinois, and Kansas State)
*Jamal Cain (6'7 185 from Detroit, MI. Notable offers include Florida State, Xavier, Washington State, Georgia, Michigan, Boston College, and Cincinnati)

Damn. Marquette's adding some big size to their squad. This is a program that's got a very bright future.
OmahaGuy

Golden Eagles Review

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Golden Eagles Review

Postby OmahaGuy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:24 pm

Duane Wilson is bouncing out. Will be a grad transfer. Good pickup for whoever gets him.
OmahaGuy

Postby billyjack » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:10 pm

Matt Foley: Young man what do you wanna do with your life?
OmahaGuy: Well actually, Matt, I kinda wanna be a writer.
Matt Foley: Well la-de-freakin'-dah! We got ourselves a writer here! Hey... I can't see too good... [moves glasses up and down]... is that Bill Shakespeare over there???
Providence
billyjack

Postby billyjack » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:17 pm

By the way, i love these reviews you write up OmahaGuy. Thanks for your hard work. Chris Farley (Matt Foley) is a Marquette grad of course.
Providence
billyjack

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:59 am

Duane's transfer hurts Marquette a lot - on and off the court. He was our leader, captain and complete total team player. He always did what was ever asked of him - whether that was redshirt, start, come off bench, be a leader, etc. He is one of the hardest working players we had in a while. While we completely understand and support his decision, as he wants to play PG and would be behind both Howard and Rowsey for final year of eligibility, it still doesn't hurt any less. It is 100% the best decision for him.

Duane leaving opens up a third scholarship spot for next year. We are still in on Greg Elliot, and it appears that we will be in on at least one grad transfer. With a final spot, we can take a traditional transfer to help balance out the classes.

Most signficantly, with Duane's departure, every single fingerprint remaining from the Buzz-era is now gone. Every player on the roster next year will be a Wojo recruit. Next year will be interesting to see nevertheless. We need to improve our defense and rebounding immensely, as well as become more balanced on offense - becoming less reliant on 3's, and be able to score inside, mid-range and outside.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby OmahaGuy » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 pm

billyjack wrote:By the way, i love these reviews you write up OmahaGuy. Thanks for your hard work. Chris Farley (Matt Foley) is a Marquette grad of course.

Appreciate the love, Billyjack!
OmahaGuy

Postby ivet » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:52 pm

ivet

Postby OmahaGuy » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:14 am

Duane Wilson lands at Texas A&M
OmahaGuy

Return to Big East basketball message board