Bluejays Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Bluejays Review

Postby Jet915 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:55 pm

milksteak wrote:
milksteak wrote:@JonRothstein: Creighton's Marcus Foster will return to school next season, per a source.

Apparently, Foster announced this yesterday. Never mind.

I wonder if Rothstein's source is Foster's instagram... :lol:
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby OmahaGuy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:20 pm

I was never really concerned about him leaving
OmahaGuy

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Jays fans are more concerned about Patton, but Foster's return is big. You don't just fill 18 ppg with hotshot recruits and guys who "can step up."
Wizard of Westroads

Postby cu blujs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:21 am

Recruit Mitch Ballock picked up Gatorade Player of the Year for Kansas.
cu blujs

Postby JohnW22 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:30 am

Has any Creighton fans heard anything on Patton yet? Surprised it would go this long with no word on the situation.
XU
JohnW22

Postby sciencejay » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:44 am

JohnW22 wrote:Has any Creighton fans heard anything on Patton yet? Surprised it would go this long with no word on the situation.

I don't think it's a secret that he will declare for the draft (without hiring an agent right away). He'll use that to have meetings with NBA clubs to gauge where he might go in the draft, and then he'll finalize a decision based upon that and discussions with McD, his family and other people he trusts. I think he can wait until mid-May(?) to remove his name from the draft if he decides to stay.

It's hard for me to see him staying. He has great hands, feet, and a great motor, and by all accounts, he is known to be a great kid who is extremely coachable. You simply don't get those things in a 7 foot package every day. His deficiencies (weight/strength, low post moves on O, low post D) can all be improved with good coaching/training/nutrition. You can't take an awkward 7 footer with stones for hands and make him great, but you could work with JP to make him more than a serviceable big in the NBA. Would an NBA GM rather pass on him and risk someone else snapping him up? And would an NBA GM rather have him develop in their program-coaches, trainers, nutritionists, etc., or would it be best to let him continue his development in college?

Of course, I would love for him to choose to stay, but if I were his counselor and he were projected to be a lottery pick (not sure that he is), I would tell him to go. The money is too big, and there are no guarantees. The CBA allows for larger rookie contracts going forward. Avoid paying for a posse and endow your life with your rookie contract.
sciencejay

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:59 pm

No ScienceJay, there is only 1 gtmoBlue, and cublujs ain't him. I am.

You from East Texas? Delta of Mississippi? Do you always air your dirty laundry prior to washing it?
You've been a member here since the beginning, but not many posts. So with all due respect sir, try a bit of balance to your perspectives.

Luv ya, gtmo.
@Bluenotes11 @gtmoBlue

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby cu blujs » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:29 pm

No, ScienceJay, there is only 1 cu blujs, and gtmoBlue ain't him. Its true that we have never been seen in the same place, but that's only because I have never been to Panama (or whatever Central American country from where gtmoBlue connects to the world wide web).
cu blujs

Postby sciencejay » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:40 pm

[quote="gtmoBlue"]No ScienceJay, there is only 1 gtmoBlue, and cublujs ain't him. I am.

You from East Texas? Delta of Mississippi? Do you always air your dirty laundry prior to washing it?
You've been a member here since the beginning, but not many posts. So with all due respect sir, try a bit of balance to your perspectives.

Hey gtmo, I'm not sure what posting frequency has to do with anything on an opinion-driven board like this. And balance to one's perspective? And I apologize for my ignorance, but I am coming up completely empty when I try to discern what you mean with the Texas/Mississippi allusions. I'm often fond of your posts and wonder what you're using to spike your blue koolaid (share with the rest of us!), but for you to admonish anyone on this board about perspective is comical at best.

It's not clear whether you disagree with my anti-Foster posts or with my perspective on what I think Patton will do. Either way, I never said I had any 'facts' other than what I see with my own eyes. I am waiting for someone to tell me that they disagree that Foster is a show boat who makes poor decisions with his shot-taking and gives considerably less than full effort on the defensive end. Those were my complaints and the basis for my suggestion that him leaving for the pros might be addition by subtraction for the team. Yes, many are excited that he's returning, and I have acknowledged that he can be pretty productive on the offensive end. But he's not a leader and I thought his showboating, et al, got worse as the season went south after Mo's injury.

If you (truly) have a 'balanced' argument for/against my opinions, please elaborate. And whether you have a balanced argument or not, please explain "You from East Texas? Delta of Mississippi? Do you always air your dirty laundry prior to washing it?" comments because while I'm certain you're trying to make fun of me, I have no idea what that all is supposed to mean.
sciencejay

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:51 pm

Jet915

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board