NCAA: Bracket, Schedule, and Non-Big East Games

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NCAA: Bracket, Schedule, and Non-Big East Games

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:25 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:You know they set up Nova with a very difficult path to the F4 for a reason right....

They wanted DUKE not Villanova at MSG... But it backfired.

Not sure I get what you're saying... Most thought Duke was the most difficult #2 seeded team, yet they got paired up with Nova @ MSG. Wisconsin is a separate issue. I hope it's South Carolina vs Florida :lol:
supernova
kayako

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Boy... that MSG regional is gonna suck. A bunch of southern teams and a Midwest team. Ouch.

Baylor
South Carolina

Wisconsin
Florida
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby bobpp1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:30 pm

And down goes the ACC. Hey Dickie V baby where are all the ACC hacks now with only one to the sweet sixteen with the help of the zebras today.
bobpp1

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:31 pm

kayako wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:You know they set up Nova with a very difficult path to the F4 for a reason right....

They wanted DUKE not Villanova at MSG... But it backfired.

Not sure I get what you're saying... Most thought Duke was the most difficult #2 seeded team, yet they got paired up with Nova @ MSG. Wisconsin is a separate issue. I hope it's South Carolina vs Florida :lol:

I considered Duke the top #2 seed. So why would they set them in the East in the same bracket as the top #1 seed. Should the worst #2 seed go to the East? Was the NCAA hoping that Villanova was going to fall early, and Duke would have an easier path to MSG? Why would Villanova get Wisconsin? Wisconsin has been a tough team for the past few years, everyone knows Wiscy was underseeded.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:32 pm

Looks like Cinci's about to go home. If UCLA holds on to win, Gonzaga is the lone mid-major team in the Sweet 16, and they've been extremely lucky.
supernova
kayako

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:34 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:I considered Duke the top #2 seed. So why would they set them in the East in the same bracket as the top #1 seed. Should the worst #2 seed go to the East? Was the NCAA hoping that Villanova was going to fall early, and Duke would have an easier path to MSG? Why would Villanova get Wisconsin? Wisconsin has been a tough team for the past few years, everyone knows Wiscy was underseeded.

I think you have the sites mixed up. MSG is the site for the next 2 rounds. Duke didn't need Nova to lose to reach MSG. They were set to meet in an elite 8 matchup.

I agree with you about Wisconsin, but it's in the past.
supernova
kayako

Postby Toronto Rapture » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:43 pm

A North Carolina loss would have been icing on the cake, but I'll take 2 out of 3. :D

Maybe ESPN can focus on how all but one ACC team loss their second round match.
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Postby sju88grad » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:45 pm

The conference breakdown for the Sweet Sixteen:

PAC 12 - 3 teams (Arizona, UCLA, Oregon)
SEC - 3 teams (Kentucky, Florida, South Carolina)
Big 10 - 3 teams (Michigan, Wisconsin, PUrdue)
Big 12 - 3 teams (Kansas, Baylor, West Virginia)
Big East - 2 teams (Xavier, Butler)
WCC - 1 team (Gonzaga)
ACC - 1 team (UNC)

Can't wait to see how the shills at ESPN try to spin this one.....could not be happier with the ACC implosion.....

One side note - PAC 12 and Big 12 could tie the Big East with 3 Final Four teams.....can't have that happen!!.....SEC and Big 10 are only alive in 2 regions....
sju88grad

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:51 pm

What's really regrettable is that BE has been generally unlucky being 0-3 in nail biters and major season-altering injuries. Not an excuse, but we were probably very close to having 4 or 5 teams in the Sweet 16 than most realize.

We got this next year...
supernova
kayako

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:07 am

The Best and Worst of the NCAA Tournament's Opening Week - Jeff Eisenberg, The Dagger - March 20, 2017
CONFERENCE THAT GOT EXPOSED

Nine ACC teams received NCAA tournament bids. Six were awarded top-five seeds. Somehow, someway, only North Carolina managed to survive the opening weekend. Duke, Louisville, Florida State, Notre Dame, and Virginia crashed out of the NCAA tournament in the second round. The Tar Heels nearly joined that list of vanquished ACC powers before rallying from a late deficit to defeat Arkansas on Sunday. This year’s March flop doesn’t prove the ACC was overrated, just like last year’s six Sweet 16 bids don’t prove it was among the greatest leagues ever. The only sweeping conclusion that can be made from such a small sample size is that in this year’s NCAA tournament, the ACC was a colossal bust.

MOST SURPRISING SWEET 16 TEAM

In a year in which 15 Sweet 16 teams hail from power conferences and the 16th is powerful Gonzaga, Cinderella has long since packed up her glass slippers and gone home. The only double-digit seed left is a Xavier team making its seventh Sweet 16 appearance since 2004. What makes the Musketeers a surprise is that they entered the NCAA tournament with a 6-7 record since losing star point guard Edmond Sumner to a season-ending knee injury. To win without Sumner, Xavier has since found it must play solid defense, dominate the glass at both ends and have Trevon Bluiett carry them offensively for stretches.

Congratulations to Chris Mack and the Musketeers.
Fieldhouse Flyer

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board