NCAA: Seton Hall v Arkansas - Fri 1:30pm 3/17/17

The home for Big East hoops

Postby billyjack » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:39 am

Good setup for Seton Hall on St Patrick's Day against SECT runner-up Arkansas. Kevin Willard is Irish, right? That's a nice intangible.

Friday 3/17/2017
Seton Hall vs Arkansas, 1:30pm.

Arkansas has been solid I think this season. Though the SEC as a whole has been average, I've tended to always favor them a little when filling out my brackets. But in this case, I think your Seton Hall Pirates are in good shape.

Sure, center Moses Kingsley had his coming out party this weekend for the Razorbacks, but he got tossed after a cheap shot to a Kentucky player's neck. Plus if he tried anything like that against Delgado or Desi Rodriguez, he'd get squished. Not to mention, Angel will dominate on Friday. Carrington will be unstoppable, and Sanogo is the heart of the defense.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA: Seton Hall v Arkansas - Fri 1:30pm 3/17/17

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:00 am

Know nothing about Arkansas, but saw a few of their cheap shots against UK. They try that against Seton Hall and they will get pummeled.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:51 pm

From what I'm hearing, I think this should will be decided by Seton Hall's performance on the offensive boards.

Arkansas likes to play fast - particularly, they like to get out on the break off of missed shots and score in transition. The rush to get out in transition likely contributes a lot to them being ranked 330th in defensive rebounding percentage (66%). With Seton Hall being one of the better offensive rebounding teams in the country, it looks like an opportunity for Seton Hall's strength to neutralize Arkansas' strength. If Arkansas can't get defensive boards, they won't be able to get out in transition and get easy buckets. At the same time, with Arkansas players breaking out early, Seton Hall should have opportunities for offensive rebounds to turn into easy second chance points.

On the flip side, if offensive rebounds aren't falling to the Pirates, we could see Arkansas score a lot of easy points as the Pirates will have several guys crashing the glass instead of getting back on defense.

The only other possible concern I see for the Pirates is fatigue. Arkansas like to play a high pressure game and take advantage of a longer bench to wear opponents down. Going only 7 deep, Seton Hall could be vulnerable to this strategy. I don't expect a major issue as our main rotation guys are used to playing a lot of minutes and generally play well late/in OT, but it could be something to keep an eye on. It could also cause any foul trouble to compound quickly.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 pm

As long as Delgado stays out of foul trouble, they should win. Not impressed by Arkansas.
Jet915

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:50 am

Jet915 wrote:As long as Delgado stays out of foul trouble, they should win. Not impressed by Arkansas.

Arkansas fans seem to think they're gonna run us out of the gym. May as well not bother showing up.
Seton Hall Pirates
Hall2012

Postby Piratefan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:09 am

Agreed. As long as Angel stays out of foul trouble we will be fine. When he gets in foul trouble we really struggle.
Piratefan

Postby NJRedman » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:13 am

Straight off of woopig.net one of their message boards:

From a delightful fellow named Austin Nichols:

I had to google that they're in South Orange, NJ.

There's also an East Orange & a West Orange.

I'm assuming they all suck equally.

I'm also going out on the proverbial last branch and assuming that the university is over-priced, over-crowded, over-rated and generally ugly as sin.

The only people who like living in the Northeast are people who have never lived anywhere else. They'd look down their noses at the South, but would be shittin' in high cotton if they ever got to drive roads that were designed post 1700 and were maintained with some semblance of regularity. Or shop in a grocery store that was larger than 3,000 sq feet and didn't require budgeting half of a weekend to check-out.

f--- these people, f--- I-95 and f--- Seton Hall.

Woo Pig.

http://woopig.net/board/index.php/topic ... c823696fcd

This mind you is from someone who thinks Arkansas....ARKANSAS is a great place to live and ends his comments with Woo Pig.

F*** Arkansas, Seton Hall and Delgado better stomp their butts out!
NJRedman

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:45 am

NJRedman wrote:Straight off of woopig.net one of their message boards:

I'm also going out on the proverbial last branch and assuming that the university is over-priced, over-crowded, over-rated and generally ugly as sin.

The only people who like living in the Northeast are people who have never lived anywhere else. They'd look down their noses at the South, but would be shittin' in high cotton if they ever got to drive roads that were designed post 1700 and were maintained with some semblance of regularity. Or shop in a grocery store that was larger than 3,000 sq feet and didn't require budgeting half of a weekend to check-out.

Woo Pig.

This mind you is from someone who thinks Arkansas....ARKANSAS is a great place to live and ends his comments with Woo Pig.

And I'm sure his 3 neighbors (aka rest of the state's population) agree that Arkansas' a great place to live lol
Seton Hall Pirates
Hall2012

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:43 am

Funny, Arkansas is the only state in the union I have not visited.
Jet915

Postby itsmejpt » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:51 pm

NJRedman wrote:Straight off of woopig.net one of their message boards:

Woo Pig.

What the $!8# is with the dig on our grocery stores?
Gyarrrr
itsmejpt

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board