NCAA: Villanova v TBD - Thurs 7:10pm 3/16/17

The home for Big East hoops

Postby billyjack » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:30 am

The Cats start their drive for a second banner in beautiful downtown Buffalo. Looking for all those fans of the Bonnies, Purple Eagles and Golden Griffins to show the national champions some love.

Villanova vs winner of Mount St Mary's v New Orleans, 7:10pm.

Mount St Mary's coming out of the NEC. New Orleans beat Corpus Christi in the Southland... the Privateers had a couple of great years back 20 to 25 years ago. Favorable location for VU, and two wins puts them in Madison Square Garden.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NCAA: Villanova v TBD - Thurs 7:10pm 3/16/17

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:56 am

So can we all agree Nova got the worst draw? Their potential path to the final four: TBD > Wisconsin > Virginia > Florida > Duke has to be the hardest in the country for a 1 seed.

They did it last year though, so good luck to em.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby kayako » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:16 am

DudeAnon wrote:So can we all agree Nova got the worst draw?.

I can't get over how hilariously lopsided East vs West bracket is. Wisconsin is a senior-laden team, and these seniors are 11-3 in their NCAA tournament careers. 2 Final Fours. Oh, and they just trashed Northwestern by 30 points last week.
supernova
kayako

Postby milksteak » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:23 am

DudeAnon wrote:So can we all agree Nova got the worst draw? Their potential path to the final four: TBD > Wisconsin > Virginia > Florida > Duke has to be the hardest in the country for a 1 seed.

Their likely path is TBD > Wisconsin > Florida > Duke. You have an extra game in there. Still, yes. Not great.

Ours isn't exactly fun either: Winthrop > Minnesota > UNC > Kentucky
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:47 pm

milksteak wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:So can we all agree Nova got the worst draw? Their potential path to the final four: TBD > Wisconsin > Virginia > Florida > Duke has to be the hardest in the country for a 1 seed.

Their likely path is TBD > Wisconsin > Florida > Duke. You have an extra game in there. Still, yes. Not great.

Minnesota is worse than Wiscy by a lot. I think many are circling that Minny team as way overseeded. And you guys are a 4, not a 1. I fully expect a Butler UNC S16.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Westbrook#36 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:06 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
milksteak wrote:

Minnesota is worse than Wiscy by a lot. I think many are circling that Minny team as way overseeded. And you guys are a 4, not a 1. I fully expect a Butler UNC S16.

Yeah, I'd be pretty surprised if Butler doesn't face-off with MTSU in the round of 32.
Westbrook#36

Postby misterbob » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:39 am

As a proud Alum, it was really great and well deserved to see Nova make a clean sweep these past few days------Big East Champs (regular season and tournament), the #1 overall seed, the #1 RPI, the #1 Kenpom , and #1 in the Final A/P and Coaches Polls----its truly been an amazing year for the Cats, and in many ways for the Big East as well, including getting 70% of our teams into the Tournament-------something we should all be very proud of!!! :)
misterbob

Postby kayako » Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:11 am

misterbob wrote:As a proud Alum, it was really great and well deserved to see Nova make a clean sweep these past few days------Big East Champs (regular season and tournament), the #1 overall seed, the #1 RPI, the #1 Kenpom , and #1 in the Final A/P and Coaches Polls----its truly been an amazing year for the Cats, and in many ways for the Big East as well, including getting 70% of our teams into the Tournament-------something we should all be very proud of!!! :)

#2 in Kenpom, but yeah this is the absolute peak of our program. I think Jay has this program positioned to remain a significant force for a while longer, but we shouldn't take this level of success for granted. I was so infuriated with this bracket, but you know what, just gonna enjoy the warpath Phoenix.
supernova
kayako

Postby H.U.S.T.L.E. » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:52 am

milksteak wrote:

Don't sleep on my Hokies against that Wisconsin team.

We may be undersized, but we've been really hot from deep in the last third of the season - I'm hoping we get the chance to play Villanova and see how we stack up against them.
H.U.S.T.L.E.

Postby Doge McDermott » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:04 am

kayako wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:So can we all agree Nova got the worst draw?.

I can't get over how hilariously lopsided East vs West bracket is. Wisconsin is a senior-laden team, and these seniors are 11-3 in their NCAA tournament careers. 2 Final Fours. Oh, and they just trashed Northwestern by 30 points last week.

Yeah, but Nova just trashed Creighton in the BE final by 14, and Creighton beat Wisconsin by 12. So you guys should win that one by like, 26 points, right? Piece of cake.
Doge McDermott

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board