2017 Big East Tourney - Friday Semi Games...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2017 Big East Tourney - Friday Semi Games...

Postby Vill » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:52 am

Toronto Rapture wrote:
hoops22 wrote:Two outstanding games tonight. The atmosphere was electric. The Big East continues it's tradition of putting on the best conference tournament in the country. No one else comes close.

I haven't really been following the other conference tournaments, but doubt their games have been as competitive or that the finishes have been as exciting. Almost all of the games in the BET have come down to the last possession. The BET has been great.

Was last night sold out? I'm not sure where to find attendance figures. I heard that Creighton brought a lot of fans, but even so I imagine the number of Nova followers should be heavy at MSG tonight.
Vill

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Novachap » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:39 pm

GTMO.. at it again, keep hope alive buddy! Didnt you go to Nova when Creighton played there? I kind of remember you saying something about that "FAT BOY" Paschall pre season. Care to re-think that? ;)

best of luck today and in the tourney... i know everyone will be happy not beating each other up and getting a shot at some other folks.
Novachap

Postby crussomd » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Yes sold out most tickets going over face value cost me 340 for 2 130 dollar tickets last night
crussomd

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Vill wrote:
Toronto Rapture wrote:
hoops22 wrote:Two outstanding games tonight. The atmosphere was electric. The Big East continues it's tradition of putting on the best conference tournament in the country. No one else comes close.

I haven't really been following the other conference tournaments, but doubt their games have been as competitive or that the finishes have been as exciting. Almost all of the games in the BET have come down to the last possession. The BET has been great.

Was last night sold out? I'm not sure where to find attendance figures. I heard that Creighton brought a lot of fans, but even so I imagine the number of Nova followers should be heavy at MSG tonight.

19,812 FULL HOUSE
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby Bluejay » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:35 pm

Vill wrote:
Toronto Rapture wrote:

They announced at the game last night that it was sold out.
Bluejay

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Thx Gtmo. Right back at you. The Jays and their fans have been a great addition to this league. And for all those who were chirping about CU falling off the BE hoops cliff after St. McBuckets graduated should issue a public HLOH mea culpa.

Here's to a great game and success to all in the big dance. Honestly I won't be upset with a win or a loss tonight (considering how last year's loss to SHU prob helped us focus on the tourney march that followed).
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby JohnW22 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:18 pm

I wouldn't be saying this if Xavier won but Creighton probably did Xavier a favor and kept them out of the 8/9 game. I'll reserve my thank you till I see the bracket though. What a game though this is the second loss ever I can look back on with a smile for Xavier. First was Kansas State in 2010 if you haven't seen the highlights of that it would be a really good 2-3 minutes of time. Big play after Big Play. Coming in to the tournament I thought this Xavier te might have given up fight after the Marquette game. They took punches from all 3 teams and responded well. I thought Creighton was a bad matchup all season for Xavier and if you would have told me they'd go 14/20 from 3 and Justin Patton would go off I'd think Xavier would have got ran off the floor. Really proud of this team. They've shown fight every game outside of the Marquette game. Last year people we worried Xavier wasn't battle tested going into the tournament and this season they've been through war. Really excited to see what the team can do in the tournament seeing Xavier tends to thrive in the underdog role. All the Xavier fans that have been saying Buiett isn't clutch and doesn't show up in big games...
XU
JohnW22

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board