Red Storm Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Red Storm Review

Postby OmahaGuy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:18 pm

Darien Williams and Malik Ellison will transfer. Not shocked about Williams but Ellison? No idea.
OmahaGuy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:25 pm

SJHooper wrote:Redman had it coming for a looong time. If you took the nuke comments literally I don't even know what to say. Hope he stays.

Hahahahahaha yeah, looooooong time. You are easily the worst poster on these boards. Easily. I wear your contempt as a badge of honor.
NJRedman

Postby JohnW22 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:35 pm

St. John's must be meeting with the players about their decisions so if there's no decision by LoVett soon I'd say that's a good thing.
XU
JohnW22

Postby NJRedman » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:16 pm

JohnW22 wrote:St. John's must be meeting with the players about their decisions so if there's no decision by LoVett soon I'd say that's a good thing.

Ellison is leaving because of playing time. So that should mean Lovett is coming back.

Sucks to lose him but I can see why an upper classman would want to be a starter playing starter minutes. Not going to do that at St. John's with Ponds and Lovett.
NJRedman

Postby Jet915 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:32 pm

If this means Lovett is staying, it's a good sign.
Jet915

Postby pc5151 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:08 pm

Williams leaving might be an indication that St Johns is getting a good big man grad transfer. If that's the case they are going to have a pretty good team next year. Lovett, Ponds and Simon in the back court next year are going to be a problem.
pc5151

Postby REDMEN1415 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:54 pm

Zach Braziller ✔ @NYPost_Brazille
Marcus LoVett's father: "A return works for both [parties]." No decision yet, but seems like the plan. #sjubb

If Lovett returns, Ponds, looks like Simon is the real deal in practice this year. Malik knows his minutes will be way down.
Could have used Williams over Amar, but oh well.

Rumor is Matt has a "Big"grad transfer that could play right, and another that has to sit year.
REDMEN1415

Postby Red Rooster » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:33 pm

REDMEN1415 wrote:Zach Braziller ✔ @NYPost_Brazille
Marcus LoVett's father: "A return works for both [parties]." No decision yet, but seems like the plan. #sjubb

If Lovett returns, Ponds, looks like Simon is the real deal in practice this year. Malik knows his minutes will be way down.
Could have used Williams over Amar, but oh well.

Rumor is Matt has a "Big"grad transfer that could play right, and another that has to sit year.

I would've liked for Williams to have stuck around, as he showed some decent offensive skills and could be a beneficial player off the bench. By the way, it looks like Amar is next in line to bolt from the program.
Red Rooster

Postby SJHooper » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:21 am

Ellison made sense, a little upset over Williams but let's be real, despite some decent play he is as slow as a sloth. His injuries have really worn out his body. Good luck to him though. Amar should transfer as he will not make a real impact at this level. He refuses to be an aggressive paint guy on offense and that's what we need. Has the size but not the skill or paint scoring we need. I really hope we can get not 1 but 2 bigs for NEXT year or I feel like we will waste the best guard play we will have had in a long time if ever. The guards are all tournament level...maybe even sweet 16+ level. The bigs are holding us back severely.
SJHooper

Postby BigEast1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Not exactly on topic, but I thought you SJU folks might be interested in these surveys. Saw them on the St. John's message board

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017Spri ... csResearch
BigEast1

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board