Red Storm Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Red Storm Review

Postby SJHooper » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:11 pm

NJRedman, you are just a douche. If you didn't care about SJ hoops a lot you would not be on this forum. A nuke could fall on the SJ campus and when I say what a tragedy it is, you'd tell me I was overreacting. Logic really is not your thing.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SJHooper » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:29 am

NJRedman would disagree with me and add a few insults if I told him the world was round. We could have a team full of walk-on's and the second I imply we may not be good, he will call me negative, add a few more insults, and once again...disagree. It's what he does. Logic be damned, just disagree with Hooper, I mean all the cool kids are doing it! If the SJ campus was nuked by North Korea, he'd tell me I'm overreacting for being upset over it. Can someone please explain to him why it's um...bad when one recruiter leaves and the other is considering leaving? I know with most of us it's obvious but he needs to warm up to this whole logic thing.
SJHooper

Postby sju88grad » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Matt A is staying.
sju88grad

Postby NJRedman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:57 pm

SJHooper wrote:NJRedman would disagree with me and add a few insults if I told him the world was round. We could have a team full of walk-on's and the second I imply we may not be good, he will call me negative, add a few more insults, and once again...disagree. It's what he does. Logic be damned, just disagree with Hooper, I mean all the cool kids are doing it! If the SJ campus was nuked by North Korea, he'd tell me I'm overreacting for being upset over it. Can someone please explain to him why it's um...bad when one recruiter leaves and the other is considering leaving? I know with most of us it's obvious but he needs to warm up to this whole logic thing.

I was disagreeing with you long before it was cool. Don't be a petulant child and I wont have to tell you you're being a petulant child.

I think you need a few more posts mentioning the campus being nuked.

BTW I hope you mean the Staten Island campus. You do know we have a Staten Island campus right?
NJRedman

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:06 pm

NJRedman wrote:
SJHooper wrote:NJRedman would disagree with me and add a few insults if I told him the world was round. We could have a team full of walk-on's and the second I imply we may not be good, he will call me negative, add a few more insults, and once again...disagree. It's what he does. Logic be damned, just disagree with Hooper, I mean all the cool kids are doing it! If the SJ campus was nuked by North Korea, he'd tell me I'm overreacting for being upset over it. Can someone please explain to him why it's um...bad when one recruiter leaves and the other is considering leaving? I know with most of us it's obvious but he needs to warm up to this whole logic thing.

I was disagreeing with you long before it was cool. Don't be a petulant child and I wont have to tell you you're being a petulant child.

I think you need a few more posts mentioning the campus being nuked.

BTW I hope you mean the Staten Island campus. You do know we have a Staten Island campus right?

He always come up with an outlandish example in an attempt to back up why he's acting in such manner. A campus being nuked versus a valuable, recruiting assistant taking another job is the example he uses to back up why he should be upset. I know it was an intentional attempt at exaggeration, but it's too often the norm.

He wonders why people think he has issue. He only furthers to back up our claims with these kinda acts.
Red Rooster

Postby SJU1987 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Can we stop these personal insults and just talk basketball ?
SJU1987

Postby SJHooper » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:54 pm

Redman had it coming for a looong time. If you took the nuke comments literally I don't even know what to say. Hope he stays.
SJHooper

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:30 pm

SJU1987 wrote:Can we stop these personal insults and just talk basketball ?

Skip the posts, if you don't wanna read it.
Red Rooster

Postby SJHooper » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:43 am

Rumors that we have a grad transfer big man essentially locked up, not sure who but would be huge just providing size alone. Also, the longer LoVett waits out the overseas options, the better I feel about his chances staying another year. If LoVett stays, we will have the best guard tandem in the BE with Ponds, LoVett, Simon and if Clark is solid, Owens beefs up a bit, and a grad transfer big is solid for us, we can be a solid team next year with an expectation of at least an NIT berth I would think ~17-18 wins. I would really like to see Amar go to a mid major where he could find success and replace him with another grad transfer big. You look at teams like South Carolina and they are massive and long. We need some trees here but also with meat. Can't remember the last time we had a legit big man who did it all.
SJHooper

Postby stever20 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:Chris Mullin and the Johnnies weren't too good but it's clear they've made some very good strides of improvement. I like what I see.

Losing:
*Darien Williams

Questionable:
*Marcus LoVett (Word out on the street is that he may decide to go pro. Probably overseas. He's not sure if he'll stay)

Keeping:
*Amar Alibegovic
*Bashir Ahmed
*Tariq Owens
*Kassoum Yakwe
*Malik Ellsion
*Federico Mussini
*Richard Freudenberg
*Shamorie Ponds
**This is another very, very talented group of guys coming back. Even better if LoVett returns. I really like what I see out of Ponds. Dude is a stud.

Getting:
*Marvin Clark (Transfer from Michigan State. 6'7 215)
*Justin Simon (Transfer from Arizona. A former 5-star. 6'5 205)

St. John's will be a better team with or without LoVett. I think the future is bright in Queens. I'm disappointed Zach Brown won't be attending SJU because he also seemed like a very good player but SJU made the right move to disown him because he kept getting into trouble.

just saw this:
Couple of players leaving St. John's: Darien Williams and Malik Ellison. Williams a graduate transfer, Ellison sit-one/play-two.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board