Blue Demons Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Blue Demons Review

Postby jfan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Well, the new arena looks to be really nice! DePaul has had a bad summer. They really need some good news!
CREIGHTON
jfan
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Re: Blue Demons Review

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Blue Demons Review

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:21 pm

DePaul Blue Demons Recruiting News and 7-Year Basketball Recruiting Scholarship Chart - VerbalCommits.com – updated September 13, 2017
HS Class of 2018
Commits: 1
Spots Left: 2
Open Offers: 14
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earlier today admin wrote:
Levi Cook is apparently transferring now. Seems like odd timing.

DePaul now has 3 basketball scholarships available for the HS Class of 2018. This article doesn't shed much light on the situation:

Levi Cook to leave men’s basketball program - The DePaulia - September 14, 2017
“I have spoken to my family and girlfriend and we’ve came to the conclusion that leaving DePaul University’s Basketball team for this upcoming year is in my best interest,” Cook wrote in a screenshotted note that he posted on Twitter.

The 6-foot-10-inch center from Arnett, W. Va. averaged 2.6 points and 2.3 rebounds off the bench in his freshman season. He spent much of his freshman year dealing with injuries. He was a four-star recruit coming out of high school according to ESPN.

Levi Cook's 2016-17 Game-by-Game Stats - ESPN
User avatar
Fieldhouse Flyer
 
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:11 am

Re: Blue Demons Review

Postby Demon22 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:18 pm

jfan wrote:DePaul has had a bad summer.

Really? How so?
Demon22
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Blue Demons Review

Postby billyjack » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:35 am

DePaul will benefit a ton by replacing 6-6 Joe Hanel at center with the 6-11 Maric kid from Northern Illinois.

With Maric, McCollum and Cain, that's a competent core to start with, then they have some projects that could work out... Grandstaff, Strus, and the freshman PG Roberts.

Some guys are moving on, but it's not necessarily a bad thing, like Eichelberger who was a little too unathletic at PF, Gazi who was to slow at PG, Harrison-Docks who struggled on defense though could get hot from deep.
Providence
User avatar
billyjack
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 2519
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:59 pm
Location: Providence

Re: Blue Demons Review

Postby Demon22 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:20 am

billyjack wrote:With Maric, McCollum and Cain, that's a competent core to start with, then they have some projects that could work out... Grandstaff, Strus, and the freshman PG Roberts.

Max Strus is not a project.

He is their best player, their go-to scorer, and I'd be surprised if he's not one of the best players in the conference this year.
Demon22
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am

Re: Blue Demons Review

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:58 pm

Demon22 wrote:
billyjack wrote:With Maric, McCollum and Cain, that's a competent core to start with, then they have some projects that could work out... Grandstaff, Strus, and the freshman PG Roberts.

Max Strus is not a project.

He is their best player, their go-to scorer, and I'd be surprised if he's not one of the best players in the conference this year.

Define "one of the best." First, second, third team All Big East? Or Depaul's leading scorer?
There really are things to do in Omaha, but none is better than Creighton basketball.
Wizard of Westroads
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:37 am

Re: Blue Demons Review

Postby Demon22 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:50 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Define "one of the best." First, second, third team All Big East? Or Depaul's leading scorer?

I think he'll be at least 3rd team All Big East.
Demon22
 
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:57 am

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: billyjack, Bing [Bot] and 13 guests