Announcement from Catholic 7

The home for Big East hoops

Postby podcast411 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:06 am

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... m-big-east

Here is a post from CBS with a quote from the Catholic 7 and the official announcement of Big East name and MSG next season - plus comments about announcing additional schools in the near future.
podcast411

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Announcement from Catholic 7

Postby SixTwentySix » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:44 am

Villanova
SixTwentySix

Postby Barley » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:54 am

We could keep ourselves out in front of the news by adding schools slowly. Add Creighton now that they're done with the MVC. Add Xavier and Butler this weekend.
Barley

Postby podcast411 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Barley wrote:We could keep ourselves out in front of the news by adding schools slowly. Add Creighton now that they're done with the MVC. Add Xavier and Butler this weekend.

I think the New Big East would make more of a statement announcing all 12 teams if they are planning on going to 12 at one time.

This would show it is a conference united - all on the same page - a band of brothers so to speak.

By announcing one and then another and then another and then maybe two more some other time in the future - regardless who gets announced when - there will be conjecture on why someone was announced before the other.

The best statement to College Athletics the New Big East can send is a press conference with representatives from all 12 teams - together arm in arm. With all the logos on a new backdrop.

Even if two or three are not coming in until 2014/15 - doing one big announcement with all teams - will show this is a conference built on unity from day one.
podcast411

Postby BillEsq » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Nah i agree with Barley, while i want 12 and fully expect 12 in 2013 . I don't see any problem in slowly announcing the teams in order to keep the league on news... as ive said any publicity is good publicity. (although I also wouldn't mind the suspense ending)

also that is one horribly written blog article, it just rehashes a CBS article in a poorly written blog... oh the humanity where has journalism gone.
BillEsq

Return to Big East basketball message board