Hoyas Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Hoyas Review

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:12 am

SJHooper wrote:Hoyas Review: Fail.

I was at the game and saw Peak and the other players outside of the Garden by the bus. Also met Ewing Jr. and JT3 and shook their hands even in my SJ jersey. They were gracious. Also met Steve Lavin, Ponds, LoVett, Owens, etc. I had a great time, but man Georgetown needs to fire him already. Georgetown is not Georgetown anymore.

Who would they hire to replace him?
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEhomer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Just saw that Tremont Waters wants out of Gtown. without Waters they still have no point guard and I don't see them being any better next year. not looking good for JTIII.
BEhomer

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:04 pm

BEhomer wrote:Just saw that Tremont Waters wants out of Gtown. without Waters they still have no point guard and I don't see them being any better next year. not looking good for JTIII.

Horrible news for JT3 and Georgetown. Didn't think it could get any worse....
Jet915

Postby OmahaGuy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:24 pm

Well that isn't good news at all. Hey, Lee Reed!! It's time to pull the plug. Your most important athletics program is heading downhill real fast.
OmahaGuy

Postby Red Rooster » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:57 pm

BEhomer wrote:Just saw that Tremont Waters wants out of Gtown. without Waters they still have no point guard and I don't see them being any better next year. not looking good for JTIII.

IMO, that might be enough to prematurely push LJ Peak to bolt and go play professionally. Whether, it's the NBA (which, he could end up being a late, 2nd round pick or rookie free agent) or overseas (probably, a more likely scenario for now).
Red Rooster

Postby JohnW22 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:57 pm

Perfect time to get rid of JT3 if they want to. Going to be a down year and no big recruits coming in now to lose
XU
JohnW22

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:30 am

I hate to pile on a program when it's down, but this couldn't come at a worse time. Even with everyone returning, Georgetown is at best a mediocre team next season imo. I think III gets another season to show something, but I see an 8th or 9th place team without a serviceable PG. The New Big East with a struggling Georgetown is like a fighter with an arm tied behind this back.
supernova
kayako

Postby BEhomer » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:40 am

one thing I wonder though is the fact that the outlook of the team really hasn't changed much from the time he committed to now.

Is it really the on-court performance that's scaring him off? or did he hear something else from JTIII? (perhaps he's stepping down?)
BEhomer

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:55 am

BEhomer wrote:one thing I wonder though is the fact that the outlook of the team really hasn't changed much from the time he committed to now.

Is it really the on-court performance that's scaring him off? or did he hear something else from JTIII? (perhaps he's stepping down?)

There's always stuff we don't know about in these decisions. Georgetown is an academic stretch even for valedictorians. I'd look into that side of things.
Bill Marsh

Postby Red Rooster » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:10 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
BEhomer wrote:one thing I wonder though is the fact that the outlook of the team really hasn't changed much from the time he committed to now.

There's always stuff we don't know about in these decisions. Georgetown is an academic stretch even for valedictorians. I'd look into that side of things.

I agree with you, in regards to the academic side of things with Georgetown. But, when it comes to basketball side of things, then we all know their academic standards aren't the same.

I'm extremely, confident that Waters decommitment didn't have anything to do with academics, if that's what you're possibly saying (Waters had a Yale offer in his pocket).
Red Rooster

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board