Hoyas Review

The home for Big East hoops

Hoyas Review

Postby OmahaGuy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:12 pm

Hello everyone! I'm back and it's that time of the year again. When one teams season ends, we shall review who they're losing, who they're getting, and who they're keeping. Let's start with Georgetown.

Losing:
*Reggie Cameron
*Bradley Hayes (They're really gonna miss his size inside)
*Rodney Pryor (I'd say he along with Peak were the teams best players)

Keeping:
*Akoy Agau
*LJ Peak
*Jonathan Mulmore
*Kaleb Johnson
*Marcus Derrickson
*Jessie Govan
*Jagan Mosely
**This is a very talented group of returning players. There's no reason Georgetown should've had the season they had with these guys.

Getting:
*Tremont Waters (6'0 170 PG from New Haven, CT. An incredibly talented PG who had offers from UConn, Creighton Indiana, DUKE, KENTUCKY, KANSAS, Stanford, Seton Hall, St. John's, Wake Forest, and Purdue)
*Antwan Walker (6'7 215 from Washington DC. Doesn't have that many big offers was Waters does but some notable schools that wanted him include Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, SLU, NC State, and DePaul)

Now of course there's the elephant in the room. Will JT3 stay or go?? I understand the JT2 argument (as long as JT2 is alive JT3 is staying) but you never know. Georgetown just might relieve JT3 of duty. I think it's time for him to go as in recent years his teams haven't lacked talent at all but they've massively underachieved. Now, when they put it all together (like they did against my Jays in Washington) they can be a very dangerous team and they also beat a really good Oregon team. But also lost to Arkansas State, DePaul, and lost to St. John's twice (no disrespect to the SJU/DePaul crowd here). If Georgetown wants to move forward and not continue to move backward, it's time for JT3 to go but that's just me. Like I said, there's no excuse for Georgetown to have the talent that they have and put up another clunker like they did this season. Absolutely inexcusable.

I'll try to keep this thread updated as the offseason goes on.
OmahaGuy

Hoyas Review

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Hoyas Review

Postby EMT » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:21 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:Keeping:
*Akoy Agau
*LJ Peak
*Jonathan Mulmore
*Kaleb Johnson
*Marcus Derrickson
*Jessie Govan
*Jagan Mosely
**This is a very talented group of returning players. There's no reason Georgetown should've had the season they had with these guys.

Then the coach needs to be fired.
EMT

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:34 pm

Thanks for the review.

Georgetown lacked a true point guard this year, arguably the most important position on the floor in college basketball. LJ Peak led the team in assists. That's a problem. If Waters is as good as advertised the Hoyas could be transformed and maybe can harness all that talent. It's a lot to ask of a freshman, but . . .
Bill Marsh

Postby JohnW22 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Any chance LJ doesn't come back? Read Hoya talk and saw it was mentioned and I believe somebody said preseason it was a possibility this was his last season.
XU
JohnW22

Postby DudeAnon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:06 pm

JT3 will get another year.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Devil's Advocate » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Appreciate the recap. Two things -

- JT3 will be back. That definitely frustrates some, but he's had a lot of success and enabled the building of a great multi sport facility. He'll get another year at least.

- Brad Hayes gave the team little more than nothing. Regression for sure this year. Missed 6 games and only played 13 minutes per when he did. The team would be better off playing smaller and faster.
Devil's Advocate

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:57 pm

Devil's Advocate wrote:Appreciate the recap. Two things -

- JT3 will be back. That definitely frustrates some, but he's had a lot of success and enabled the building of a great multi sport facility. He'll get another year at least.

- Brad Hayes gave the team little more than nothing. Regression for sure this year. Missed 6 games and only played 13 minutes per when he did. The team would be better off playing smaller and faster.

Those were a productive 13 minutes.
Bill Marsh

Postby Devil's Advocate » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:29 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:

If you like turnovers, fouls, and deficient defense. Ugh.
Devil's Advocate

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:55 am

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:

If you like turnovers, fouls, and deficient defense. Ugh.

No, I like blocked shots, rebounds, and a few points thrown in.
Bill Marsh

Postby SJHooper » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:20 am

Hoyas Review: Fail.

I was at the game and saw Peak and the other players outside of the Garden by the bus. Also met Ewing Jr. and JT3 and shook their hands even in my SJ jersey. They were gracious. Also met Steve Lavin, Ponds, LoVett, Owens, etc. I had a great time, but man Georgetown needs to fire him already. Georgetown is not Georgetown anymore.
SJHooper

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board