Hoyas Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Hoyas Review

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Red Rooster wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:
BEhomer wrote:one thing I wonder though is the fact that the outlook of the team really hasn't changed much from the time he committed to now.

Is it really the on-court performance that's scaring him off? or did he hear something else from JTIII? (perhaps he's stepping down?)

There's always stuff we don't know about in these decisions. Georgetown is an academic stretch even for valedictorians. I'd look into that side of things.

I agree with you, in regards to the academic side of things with Georgetown. But, when it comes to basketball side of things, then we all know their academic standards aren't the same.

I'm extremely, confident that Waters decommitment didn't have anything to do with academics, if that's what you're possibly saying (Waters had a Yale offer in his pocket).

Wow! Didn't know about Yale. Why do you think he bailed?
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red Rooster » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:57 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
Red Rooster wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:There's always stuff we don't know about in these decisions. Georgetown is an academic stretch even for valedictorians. I'd look into that side of things.

I agree with you, in regards to the academic side of things with Georgetown. But, when it comes to basketball side of things, then we all know their academic standards aren't the same.

I'm extremely, confident that Waters decommitment didn't have anything to do with academics, if that's what you're possibly saying (Waters had a Yale offer in his pocket).

It's rather easy to see why he decommitted. I think he's bailing because of the uncertainty of the program and where it's possibly headed. I also believe he didn't want "too much on his plate," as being a savior of the program. I'm not actually sure about my latter sentence, but I'm rather confident in my former sentence.

Here's a quote from Waters for his reason(s) to renege on Georgetown:

http://www.casualhoya.com/2017/3/11/148 ... -wants-out
Red Rooster

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:17 am

Red Rooster wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:
Red Rooster wrote:

It's rather easy to see why he decommitted. I think he's bailing because of the uncertainty of the program and where it's possibly headed. I also believe he didn't want "too much on his plate," as being a savior of the program. I'm not actually sure about my latter sentence, but I'm rather confident in my former sentence.

Here's a quote from Waters for his reason(s) to renege on Georgetown:

http://www.casualhoya.com/2017/3/11/148 ... -wants-out

Thanks. I hadn't seen that. For someone who doesn't have a PR rep, that was very well written.

I agree that his statement seems to cover the reasons. Sure is a strong indication that Georgetown is beginning a downward spiral.
Bill Marsh

Postby kayako » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:43 pm

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... -nba-draft

LJ Peak not coming back to Georgetown according to Goodman.
supernova
kayako

Postby JohnW22 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:43 pm

kayako wrote:http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18971290/lj-peak-georgetown-hoyas-enter-nba-draft

LJ Peak not coming back to Georgetown according to Goodman.

If this isn't the year they get rid of JT3 they never are. Perfect season to.
XU
JohnW22

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Wow, this team is a mess, they might be fighting Depaul for last next year....
Jet915

Postby Rum_Ham » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:01 pm

Jet915 wrote:Wow, this team is a mess, they might be fighting Depaul for last next year....

DePaul may have a better roster returning for next year than Georgetown, they definitely have a better recruiting class. JT3 squandered teams with top 25 talent to 9th place finishes in the league, imagine how bad he will be with little returning talent? Georgetown needs to make a switch now, they are about to start a rebuild with the coach who led them into this collapse in the first place. They have no recruiting class, more players are going to leave, and their coach is god-awful at X and Os all while paying him 3.6 million dollars a year. Georgetown is a great job in a world class city/university with top facilities and are in a league that focuses only on basketball, they likely could take a swing at the archie miller-class coach with the amount they pay. They need to move on, for their sake and the big east as a whole.
Marquette 2016
Rum_Ham

Postby Edrick » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:59 am

I don't know if its close.

I'm clearly picking Georgetown 10th.
Edrick

Postby anXUfan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:24 pm

If Georgetown or JT3 are going to make a move, I hope they do it soon before the best candidates come of the board.
anXUfan

Postby NJRedman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:55 pm

anXUfan wrote:If Georgetown or JT3 are going to make a move, I hope they do it soon before the best candidates come of the board.

They aren't making a move. The power that be need JT3 to truly flame out so they can tell Big John they gave his kid a shot to turn it around. They are pretty much already giving up on next season. Another 9th or 10th place finish will allow them to make the move without as much political blowback.
NJRedman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board